Valiants Anglia.

Valiant

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Dan.

They weren't overly expensive, I can't remember though. I had to cut and weld the strut tubes, turn the ends of the strut down to fit the Anglia top, and make up a spacer to help them stay neatly in the strut tube.

It makes for a very short strut, almost to short. I have about 20 mm of droop which could be better.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Geez somehow missed this thread.

So is that MX5 running gear? Was mulling over repower options for the Avenger and thought about the MX5 driveline, wondered why more people dont opt for them.

Some nice engineering Pete (sucking up), gonna go for the sleeper look or something different?

Hey mate. No wonder it's been months since I did anything to it.

Yeah it's a MX5 motor and gearbox, I'm not sure why more people don't use them too.

They have a cam shaft position sensor off the back of the head which sticks out quite far and gets in the way of the firewall. Might be something to do with it?

Yeah I'm going to keep it looking as it is

Come round and measure it up one day if you want. Bring that VG it will look good with my VG.

If I parked my VG next to yours it will just make yours look even better haha.

But yeah, very keen to meet up with yourself and the rest of the Mopar crowd (or any of the GCs on here really). Now that Im not doing engineering work I dont have access to welding/sheetmetal fabrication/sandblasting/powdercoating etc so need some hook ups for the odd job.

Oh yeah, have you still got that AP5?