crosdp_82's 1982 datsun sunny wagon discussion.

crosdp_82

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fake/not fake oil cooler will look awful. They don't even look particularly good on the real deal I reckon. But try it out and see what you think.

Don't use bolt on flares is my vote. Try and massage the steelwork to make the rims sit nicely with the rims. Will always look far better.

However, just do what you prefer, that's what really matters. All we can do is make suggestions based on what's been done and been functional/looked good in the past

Also, what's this "JDM" business?

yeh i guess we all have our own stlye we like.. allready got the flares as i do like them :D... and bythe looks the 8" rims i got would need one hell of a massage to fit them under hehe..

as the saying goes each to there own.. i just dnt wanna get pink sticked for havn the oil cooler up front thats about all really

look up olds school jdm cars .. u'll understand more the style im going for i guess if you dont allready know

8s will fit inside stock guards with the lip folded up but not with the tyres you have. Bolt ons will be a bitch to fit because the rear door runs hard up against the rear arch, have fun with that.

Oil cooler out the front isnt legal as it is a projection that could injure pedestrians in an accident but 99% of the time you wont get stung for it.

Also JDM = Japanese domestic market so if you were doing this in "JDM" stylr you would have it bog stock with all the trim pieces that were only available in Japan

What are your plans for suspension?

nothing abit of cutting and fiberglass wnt fix :D.. ohh ok dats koo ill just run in inside no biggy.. yeh im doing it in the jdm look more is what i should say.. as its not bog stock engine..

some place in oz makes coil overs..for front.. not sure on ther rear yet as its a live axle

Edit: mayb ratsuns or datsus ill have a look when i get home later

Sounds like a pretty sweet plan generally man. I reckon you might change your tune on the flares once someone posts up a few sweet examples. Zeb? Brock-Lee?

I have the distinct feeling the flares will then be too big for the wheels, and would only serve a purpose if you're cutting away the existing bodywork. Have a look at kyteler's Skyline as an example. He can likely post pics of what I mean. Of course, you could slam some spacers on to push the wheels out further, but then you have legality issues there as well as putting more stress on wheel bearings and the like.

You can make your own adjustable height suspension if you know what you're doing. A lot of guys on here have done it for their older stuff. Got any mates handy with a welder and a lathe?

What's the plan with the engine?

Just a bugbear of mine and a few dudes/babes on here is awful spelling and grammar. Try and keep the text talk to a min, my old man brain can't cope. :D

Sounds like a pretty sweet plan generally man. I reckon you might change your tune on the flares once someone posts up a few sweet examples. Zeb? Brock-Lee?

I have the distinct feeling the flares will then be too big for the wheels, and would only serve a purpose if you're cutting away the existing bodywork. Have a look at kyteler's Skyline as an example. He can likely post pics of what I mean. Of course, you could slam some spacers on to push the wheels out further, but then you have legality issues there as well as putting more stress on wheel bearings and the like.

You can make your own adjustable height suspension if you know what you're doing. A lot of guys on here have done it for their older stuff. Got any mates handy with a welder and a lathe?

What's the plan with the engine?

Just a bugbear of mine and a few dudes/babes on here is awful spelling and grammar. Try and keep the text talk to a min, my old man brain can't cope. :D

yeh sorry was at work so trying to type as fast as i could then, umm yeh if thay fit under then i wnt bother with the flares but last thing i need it more run ins with the law!!

the 25p 15X8 and got about 2 inch dish.. still havnt got here so its a waiting game!

umm im gunna see how many ponys i can get out of the 1200!! got the twin side drafts, 259 rally cam, semi worked head(port/polised/planed for 10:1 Cr and will be getting the exhause done .. thats a start then move on to vavles/valve springs etc etc.. lighten the flywheel and crunk if possible!

umm yeh i was an welder fabricator for four years!! also built my of drift car few years back.. but always wanted and old datto wagon! if i knew were to get the coils to weld up id do it asap cause its on cut springs and shortend shocks right now, witch im hating with a passion!

Oil cooler is a fad that has pretty much already passed.

Same with hang rings.

And no, you can't have an oil cooler hanging off the front of the car and get a wof.

What would you expect a cop to do?

That's right. Give you a ticket for anything he can.

Here's my suggestion:

TSCup spec, but a wagon. Yours is a face-lift B310 so the squared flares will look perfect on it. It would be hard to make the large squared flares work on the rear arch due to the position in relation to the rear door, however, sectioning the flare is not impossible and when performed correctly, looks just fine.

If you're unaware of the TSCup, go here for some inspiration;

http://jcca.cc/TS/2010.html

It would be an ideal look coupled with your engine modifications, retaining the A-series just giving it a kick in the pants and making the exterior resemble a TSCup race car.

If you get some appropriate wheels to fill the arches you can't go wrong.

Be aware though, without the appropriate wheels, it will look shit-house.