WOF sheet decodeing

BlownCorona

So today i took my car for its first WOF since ive had it, and found out that i need a cert for the gearbox mount (i didn't know it had been modified, but it looks good and should pass), does anyone know how much this will cost?

How ever there are a number of other issues with the car. but the inspector has the worst hand writing i have ever seen. and i cant read what i need to fix. so i thought id put up a photo of it and see if anyone here might be able to read it.

I have decoded the first 3 points but i have no idea what the last 2 say towards each of their ends.

wofsheet.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Right seatbelt frayed, not retracting

bolt missing in gearbox mount

gearbox mounting bracket something something cert

right handbrake cable not secure

check welding seagull rumba

Right Seat Belt Frayed Not Retracting (C1)

Bolt Missing Gearbox Mount (H7)

Gearbox and Lowering Blocks To Be Cert. (H7)

Right Hand Brake Cable Not Secured.

Check Welding Front Suspension (?) (G3)

I had to grab my WoF sheet to try correspond the letters to what the words could potentially mean.

I would go back in and ask him to clarify.

500... this wof guy is the most retarded person ive met then. he told me 60.

and yea i though maybe it said suspension, but its only got 5 letters and it dosn't even look like an abbreviation of it.

besides. it says i need to check something. it that get it checked by a professional? or get it re certified?

actually.. on second look. that scribble at the end does look like an 'tion'. so it could be that he missed the 'pen' and it says Sustion.

guess il have to find a way of going to see him, though he just made my only car illegal. and knowing my luck il get pulled over if i drive it.

If I were you I'd cut my losses and take it somewhere else. People like that will just throw a whole different list of idiotic failures at you when you take it back for a recheck. Happened to me at VTNZ one time and I've never been back since. Strangely enough I take (most of) my cars to VINZ and find it fantastic. Haven't heard good about the Auckland one though. They do fail me sometimes but only on legitimate safety issues, which I have no problem with.

You can take it elsewhere and they will be able to see that it failed, but they won't have much/any detail on what. It will also cost you another $50 or so. I'm not saying go somewhere dodgy, just somewhere with a slightly less retarded person doing the wofs.

edit: the word in question could be Bushing?

unfortunately, being a poor student, i may actually have to consider getting a dodgy wof while i gather the money to get the cert and make everything legit :( as much as i dont want to sink to that kind of level, i need to get to work and such... i dont know :/

i dont think il ever be going back to that garage. they also failed my familia when i had it, for having extra fog lights that i bolted on but didnt hook up yet.... i know its technically illegal, but its not a hazard at all. unbolted them and passed :doubt:

Well the spot light thing is an actual rule, so thats not too bad.

I don't really know much about your car. Has it even had an engine conversion? What I'm getting at with the above post is that some of that stuff may not even need a cert. Theres a very helpful chap on here by the name of Cletus (Clint) who is a certifier. He can tell you the ins and outs of what does and doesn't require a cert. If you get some details on the car, the engine if original or not, what has been modified and some photos would also be helpful, then Clint and the rest of us could probably tell you whether it even needs a cert, or if its dodgy. Then you can weigh up your options as far as going back, getting a cert, or going some place else for a real warrant of fitness.

Perhaps i should clarify, i don't necessarily disagree with the issues brought to the surface. its a 1971 rt84 Corona.

Original engine was a 6r, but it now has an 18r, which as far as i know was a factory option and does not require cert. the engine difference was not mentioned at this wof so i guess thats ok. it used to be a 4speed w40, its now a 5 speed w50. i didnt do any of the swaps, but as far as i can guess the w40 gearbox mount is dfferent to the w50. and i was told the xmember was cut and reinforced to fit the 5 speed. from what i can gather this does need a cert. yes?

my seatbelt is frayed a bit. so if i need to il replace that.

as for the bolts and the cable securing. that wil take 10 minutes to fix and not an issue. then i have no idea what weld i need to get checked. i got pointed out a weld on the front underneath the radiator area. and it looked a little messy but it almost looked factory and untouched, so maybe he was just used to late model cars.?

and as for the fog lights on my old car. yea its the law but its a bit of a stupid one im my opinion. they wouldnt even lend me a spanner to save me the time and gas of going home and comeing back :(

the only way i can think of legitimately hurting your self with a spanner, is a rusty bolt and your fist facing the block of the engine. anyone whos worked on a car should get the picture.... knuckle skin, what knuckle skin?

and yea rules are rules. same with its fully legal to have one flashing headlight. theres always going to be stupid rules

Regarding the 18r, even though it was a factory engine in those cars, it wasn't the factory engine in your car. Any increase in displacement required a cert, whether or not the engine was a factory option.

Which is annoying, but it is very unlikely anyone will ever pick it up unless they are clued up on these sorts of old cars. Which most testing stations aren't.

back when i got my cert an increase of power or displacement less than 20%

didn't need a cert,

could be wrong rules change,

i'd bang a w40 back in it an og x member

and go to a new wof guy,

pick a workshop that deals with old cars,

don't bother with testing stations they're balls,

ring around an talk to the owner or manager,

blocks don't need a cert unless they're over 50mm,

and if they are get your leaves reset with the eyes flipped

and you may not need them