Oftensideways B1600

CUL8R

Dude,

this thing is fucekn sweet

makes me wish heaps that i had ketp my b1600 of the same vintage.

Still, only day i will have a super slammed chassised ute. and i will be happy

Seriosly tho, damn good work, Would love to see detailed picks of your front suspention

cheers for the feedback fellas! silly thing was a never took pics as I was building things as when ever I made something I would never have the camera handy. but, was fairly straight forward, the bottom arms had the whole spring cup cut out and replace with a flat 4mm? plate with the mounting hole drilled. top arm was pie cut as the ball joints were just starting to bind up with big tyres and full drop. the entire spring cup and shock mount on the chassis was removed and replace with a piece of channel on the correct angle to make the bag sit flat when deflated and then an external shock mount had to be made because the shock could no longer go between the spring.

EDIT: shit i lied just looked through my photos after writing this and found a pic so i'll put it into the build thread

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Re the noise - check the harmonic damper - these V6's are known for delaminating the rubber and causing a weird rattling noise that could be mistaken as a bottom end knock.

I think you can buy them brand new from BnT or Repco and aren't as expensive as you would think..

• 8 months later...

having thoughts of selling this off as I have no use for it anymore, and lack the motivation to finish it at this point in time. don't really wanna sell it to anyone but seeing it go to someone from here would be cool. would anyone be interested? not sure on how much i'd be after at this stage but but am wanting to build a decent tandem car trailer so having the funds to do that would be sweet. would probly need a grand or so and abit of time thrown at it to get it legal.