1-Piece vs. 2-Piece Driveshaft

Mr. Mainstream

I recommend paying someone to do it! The old bearing usually shatters when you chisel it off which pts me off for a start. You can also get heavy duty plates that go behind the bearing as well, which is worth it too.

ive heard rumors through the winds that the 1.1L have a one piece shaft? in that case it would be best to hunt one of them down? if they fit 16-hundys

anyone in chch got a driveshaft? :lol:

gt_chrome - you are so lucky to have a Capri :P is it WOF'ed? id love to have one. mini mustangs

• 2 weeks later...

Well i managed to get a one-piece from a wagon and get it in the ghia no problem wish i knew the diff plate was different first thou

the bearing in the 2-piece was well used

joine.jpg

dshaft2.jpg

is there any disadvantage running a one-piece? i mean you should be able to get better suspension angles with a 2-piece right? but the 1-piece allows for a lot of travel at the gearbox end with the shaft so i dont know if worth getting the 2-piece recon'd or not :rolleyes:

2fords2.jpg

If the car has an irs rear end then two peice is possibly better, if its live axle then 1 peice is the go. The only thing you might have to do to go to one peice is fit a driveshaft loop.\

I dont really think it makes fuck all difference apart from the cost.