Level7's 808 wagon

rot808

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on the car I think, this family wagons guards were never very wheel freindly, don't really want to chop the guards up... You might have more room to move.

Wanted Toyo T1R's for the rear, but supplier out till end of Oct when container arrives, already all there 195/45/15's pre sold, only one pair left! So had to wait or settle for Nankangs or Hankooks, Hankooks won.

I might have to talk to Arrow about getting some of these ''metal sleeve insert thingys'' on a few of my wheels, no one in Hamilton knows what im talking about when Ive asked.

Have you found some tyres for the front yet? A 175/50 has the same over all diameter as a 195/45 but I have not seen them for sale in NZ.

They look to have about the same stretch on an 8 as the 195/45's do on a 9'' as well.

8_175_50_R15_Hankook_K406_5.jpg

9_195_45_R15_Nexxen3000_2.jpg

Well kind of haha

I might have to talk to Arrow about getting some of these ''metal sleeve insert thingys'' on a few of my wheels, no one in Hamilton knows what im talking about when Ive asked.

Might have on that bandwagon too , have some b45s in 4x114 and always thought id have to get them redrilled in between for the 4x110.

Might have on that bandwagon too , have some b45s in 4x114 and always thought id have to get them redrilled in between for the 4x110.

Lance is good to deal with, just asked to have them re-sloted, first set I've had done by them, they did a sweet job.

Have you found some tyres for the front yet? A 175/50 has the same over all diameter as a 195/45 but I have not seen them for sale in NZ.

They look to have about the same stretch on an 8 as the 195/45's do on a 9'' as well.

Yeah all I could find in NZ was 165/50's, 175s would have been better, still not sure even those would fit under guards :?

So have been over at a freinds workshop fitting this arvo, was err. interesting.. Compressed air bead sealer along with me blasting air in the valve at the same time got them on..

There was bugger all clearence in the front, pretty much thought I was doomed to fail (still thinking I probably have.. lol)

But car drives and has full lock no problem.

195/45/15 at the back, 165/50/15 front.

wheel1fitted.jpg

stupidly stretched up front.

wheel2fitted.jpg

Arse is way to high in the rear, so now time to sort out some blocks, currently has reset leave a couple inches with an extra leaf in there..

wheel4fitted.jpg

un bolted the U bolts to drop the rear a bit on a jack this arvo, where i'd like it sitting

wheel3fitted.jpg

Honestly think i really need to roll the guards.. But don't want to touch the paint again. Might end up just going back to rolling on the standard wheels.

Few things till to do, suspension is next!

what about widening stock rims? (or is that sacrilege?)

Wouldn't say its sacrilege, but these cars on 13's and you end up having to raise the rear of the tunnel as the driveshaft ends up eating it.. (well if ride height gets reduced to meet the wheels.)

I'd rather just leave the stock rims I have stock. :)

1" lowering blocks in the rear, as low as I can take it with out lipping the guards..

Looks a heap better.

808wagon1.jpg

Photochop another inch.. so tempting can't be arsed busting out the paint again.

And any more low, and its going to start scrubbing guards.

808wagon2.jpg

Wondered what the wheels would look like bronze for shits and giggles.

808wagon3.jpg