I melted the brake line, need to fix it.

Rusted

MIG'd the bulkhead and ended up touching the brake line.

How and what is the best way to replace this. I have thought that a quick cut, add rubber line and clamps to suit will work.

Feedback plz.

You are kidding right? Rubber hose will both dialate, and blow off under braking.

What length of line did you fuck?

If you only melted a couple of centimeters I would grab a line joiner from BNT and a couple of fittings and just cut the fucked bit out, get the ends of the line flared and join it.

-Or if you know of a stuffed Leone/Brumby or possibly first gen Legacy they have a few of those joiners in the engine bay from factory.

brakeline_joiners.jpg

Now that is BLOODY awesome to know?!!! I'm going to put two of them threw my fire wall from my bias pedal box and 1 behind my drivers seat will make assembly so much easier! Chur bow

Didn't Mushi include the bulkhead fittings with the pedal box?

This is how we set it up:

brakew.jpg

There cheap as from BNT too.

If you only melted a couple of centimeters I would grab a line joiner from BNT and a couple of fittings and just cut the fucked bit out, get the ends of the line flared and join it.

-Or if you know of a stuffed Leone/Brumby or possibly first gen Legacy they have a few of those joiners in the engine bay from factory.

brakeline_joiners.jpg

Awesome!! That is exactly what I'm after. I just touched the tip of the welder to the line so about a 2mm split.

Removed the lines, took into BNT and cost <$25 for the joiner, nipples and flaring. Just needed to add some brake fluid and bleed. Hopefully lesson learnt.

Now that is BLOODY awesome to know?!!! I'm going to put two of them threw my fire wall from my bias pedal box and 1 behind my drivers seat will make assembly so much easier! Chur bow

Didn't Mushi include the bulkhead fittings with the pedal box?

This is how we set it up:

brakew.jpg

There cheap as from BNT too.

Yeah boe he did, but im running the line inside the car to the rear and iv got two penatrations / tight turns were if i had one of these couplings it would be hell lot easyer to pop in and out, trying to make the car easy to assemble/diss assemble for race emergancies etc.

FYI: A panic brake stop can put 1,200 psi or more of pressure in the line - hence the unsuitability of ordinary rubber.

:D

WRT repairing your existing line - it sounds like it is pretty close to the firewall so it might be a mission to get the flaring tool in there so pehaps removal and replacment would be the quickest and best long term fix.

brakeline_joiners.jpg

Awesome!! That is exactly what I'm after. I just touched the tip of the welder to the line so about a 2mm split.

Removed the lines, took into BNT and cost <$25 for the joiner, nipples and flaring. Just needed to add some brake fluid and bleed. Hopefully lesson learnt.