Land Rover of death :/

UTERUS

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nah disel dont have cats , too much particles in them , would clog up immediatly.

i reckon diesel bug could have taken hold .. shits annoying ...it

they have a type ( some ) of a cat called a DPF ( diesel particulate filters ), been around for yrs but are hitting our shores by the boat load now

if it is fuel bug use a treatment called fuel biocide ( whats your addy i will flick you some if needed ), use the 100ml bottle evry third or fourth full at the servo, like mongol said

would pay if your keeping it for a long term is to whip the injectors out get them serviced too

diesel injectors get a nailing and do break down after awhile k's/hours of use

it has a bosch diesel fuel injection pump on it aye? how are they driven? long shot but if its gear or belt driven would it be possible for them to slip a tooth, through the fuel timming out?

changing the subject quickly

as i know with some of the new holland tractors now the injector bump has to be 180degree out from tdc, etc tec

Edited first post but here is the edit:

4) Had the lift pump off and checked that it jizzes out fuel when hand primed, i couldn't see any diesel bug at this end

I'll get new filters and blow the lines out tomorrow and check to see if there is any bug at the tank end.

The old mans disco has something that looks like a cat.

I'll see what stag say about injectors.

Yep the pump is Bosch VE which seems pretty well known, no idea how it is driven.

I pulled the intercooler hoses off and they are clean.

EGR has been assholed.

more edit: thanks you awesome cunts for replying so far :D

Edited first post but here is the edit:

4) Had the lift pump off and checked that it jizzes out fuel when hand primed, i couldn't see any diesel bug at this end

I'll get new filters and blow the lines out tomorrow and check to see if there is any bug at the tank end.

The old mans disco has something that looks like a cat.

I'll see what stag say about injectors.

Yep the pump is Bosch VE which seems pretty well known, no idea how it is driven.

I pulled the intercooler hoses off and they are clean.

EGR has been assholed.

if it was a tooth out there would be white smoke EVERYWHERE . only take like 1 deg out for it to start smoking .

also with dpf yea quite a few trucks have them and weve been told horror stories about people not using low ash oil in the engine and those clogging up in 200km ..boom 10g thanks . work well though, in other countries that have far worse pollution the air that comes out of the exhaust is actually cleaner then the stuff that went in haha

more edit: thanks you awesome cunts for replying so far :D

I replaced the fuel filter, blew out the lines to the tank and cleaned out the water seperator.

The seperator was full of chocolate mousse and un flavoured jelly :lol:

No change that i could notice.

I have been reading about these pumps and how to adjust them, i might give it a little tweak here and there and report back tomorrow.

does sound like you have the diesel bug

you want some fuel treatment before you have a fiddle?

most marine shops have it, its called fuel biocide in a white container

screw them on price as they buy it for $6.95 and sell it for $20...............lol they buy it all of the same nz supplier as i do,

good luck

in my restless sleep last nite i dreamt/thought of meany things

one of which was.........

you dont have something stupid like a one way fuel valve on the feed line to either the fuel pump or injector pump do you?

god i cant even count on my hand how many times i have had one of those cheap arse homo valves break up and jam the fuel line half open on me

alot of places put them in for easy/fast starts as the fuel doesnt return to the tank

just a thought you may not have one

they have a type ( some ) of a cat called a DPF ( diesel particulate filters ), been around for yrs but are hitting our shores by the boat load now

as the name implies the DPF is a filter, not a catalytic converter in any way. A DPF simply filters carbon (soot) particles, and usually has a system to burn them off and clean the filter. A cat hosts a chemical reaction that changes the toxicity of the exhaust gas

Some diesels do have a type of cat, which reduce CO emissions, these will become more common, they dont reduce NOx emissions like a conventional cat though

in my restless sleep last nite i dreamt/thought of meany things

one of which was.........

you dont have something stupid like a one way fuel valve on the feed line to either the fuel pump or injector pump do you?

god i cant even count on my hand how many times i have had one of those cheap arse homo valves break up and jam the fuel line half open on me

alot of places put them in for easy/fast starts as the fuel doesnt return to the tank

just a thought you may not have one

I don't remember seeing a one way valve anywhere, unless it is part of the seperator/filter/lift pump/injector pump?

I got some shiz that kills bug today, i cbf anymore i'm going to get stag 4x4 to see what the deal is with it.

Thanks for all the help guys 8)

Have you checked you are getting full throttle

on Saturday I found out my BX accel pedal was hitting the kickpanel and only giving me half throttle - bent the pedal back where its meant to be and WOAH goddamn that shit is way more in-tents - was slug spec as when I bought it...

yea those stupid gauze filter are a pain in the arse , simon they are usually located under a banjo bolt going into the pump , they are tiny ....

biif he bloody thing if there is one there , they are more trouble then they are worth , seriouslly.