Michael's MAX Fellow

Goat

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what I thought. re: Emery + Rings. I also thought that perhaps they had increased bore size but not adjusted mixture of oil resulting in seize, rather than the story about the mechanic who fixed something else that required removal of the radiator, not clearing the water system of air locks.

I am both annoyed and overjoyed you got your lanky bogan mitts on this thing. Annoyed because obviously, it will be a money pit that will detract funds from the invariably awesome that the C110 will be. Overjoyed because, well... it's a 2 stroke micro. Anyone who comes into contact with one, be it EYE ARE ELL or via the magnificent technological wonder that is the innernet automatically discovers the giggly, weak kneed immature side of themselves.

Re-ring, and start a pest smoking-out business with it.

An initial outlay of $90 though, so hard to pass up and I'm going to need a daily after I get rid of the Terrano regardless, I'm sure it won't cost more than what a reliable cheap, low capacity, modern daily would anyway. Likely a mere fraction of it and the running costs should be hilariously minimal and filled with two-smoke hilarity. So going to FF Two-Smoke Giggle my way everywhere. I think it's my first FWD vehicle actually. About time too!

see if you can get your hands on some castrol super tt, it is THE best smelling 2 smoke oil there is/was. they dont make it any more but fuck it rules.

its nostalgia as, as a kid being dragged around race tracks i assimilated the smell into my bran, latter when i started using it in my lambretta the memories came flooding back.

bastard parents leaving me asleep on the side of a race track!!!

sheepers;Ran that in my NSR for a bit when I got back down here and no-one stocked elf products. Wasn't impressed to be honest. The NSR chewed through it and ran hotter than with the elf. Keen for elf spec stz which is actually available now. Maybe some MOTUL though. Worry about that once I've got rings etc. though.

This photocopied manual I've got recommends : "SHELL SUPER TWO STROKE OIL"

Jarred; Yeah, had considered that but obviously would rather the cheaper and less custom items :lol: Cheap cunt, etc.

what bits have you been having trouble finding dude?

There is a listing for a piston for a daihatsu 360 here http://www.jccpiston.com/ I have no idea who their agents might be, but if you can find out you might be able to get some there.

(If it wasn't pistons you were after, or if the ones listed aint what you need, I napolige for my failure to read your thread properly)

Only really need the rings and for an 040 (+1mm?)over-sized which they might well make as well. I know that RIKEN does for certain though and they're Japanese also so I'm hoping that route will prove easier and more reliable than Taiwanese and Chinese options.

Cheers though, man, the S38P ones likely work also so I'll add them to my list of potential sources. ;)