Archetype's 1979 Mazda RX-7

crazytim

Mint car man, good progress pics, keep em rolling!

Your wing mirrors... where from and how much?! Look mean, btw I have a Feb 79 copy of Wheels magazine with a series 1 on the cover, could scan it off for you if your interested...

Again wicked car being done properly good to see, gana be a weopon!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so whats the plan motor wise? I see you sold your old one but didnt see details of new motor? Maybe I'm blind?

Any way gutted about the longchamps, They would have looke dthe bizzo. If you went through payapal they can take your money back off them, happenned to my mrs as well.

Thanks guys. crazytim - I'd love to see scnas of that mag if you get a chance.

Those pics I've uploaded so far are out of date now. I'll add to the thread with more details (including engine specs) and pics later tonight.

I can't remember how much I paid for the wing mirrors of the top of my head, but they came from here:

http://www.aprperformance.com/

They are great quality, and are super light. I would like to get some for my daily car - when I buy it that is (still looking for the right one). Some of you might be intererested in that car too, but I'll keep quiet until I actually get one.

ohhhhhh they have lots of toys...

thanx. Will dig mag out and scan it in near future... have seen it recently, its funny it says something in bold writing like manufacturers getting it right: Mazda: YES! Nissan: NO!

Probably a good one to blow up for the shed wall...

More pics and updates added now.

My Longchamps are 4x114.3, and I had the stud pattern changed front and rear to suit my wheels specifically. I thought about putting Series 3 front struts and rear end in, but the +38/40 Series 3 offset meant that the wheels would stick out even further.

Archetype

You should meet Uncle Jake and Sheepers - they are the guys that first come to mind when I see the quality of your work..

Hard Out mang -- Haaaaaard Out!!

BTW when you do meet them - a word of advice - stay off Sheepers lawn, he don't like strangers snacking on his lawn and leaving crumbs..

My crappy A4 scanner wont scan articles properly, sections the article off as it has a white background and thinks I'm only scanning a small portion of page... anyway heres cover, article is B&W, PM me addy and will photocopy for you at earliest convenience, worth a read. Also has pics of a prototype S1 with bugeye lamps and trick door handles...

scan0013.jpg

My crappy A4 scanner wont scan articles properly, sections the article off as it has a white background and thinks I'm only scanning a small portion of page... anyway heres cover, article is B&W, PM me addy and will photocopy for you at earliest convenience, worth a read. Also has pics of a prototype S1 with bugeye lamps and trick door handles...

Hey, thanks for the effort. I remember seeing that prototype with bugeye lamps on the internets years ago, but I've never been able to find it again. I'll PM you now.