Shortening Adjustbles

zep

In fairness, they're designed for race use, just cunts here use them to slam their car :lol:

LTSA/LTNZ/NZTA sent around a memo to workshops with regard to coilovers, showing a car that'd had the entire inner wheel arch tear off from the spot welds :shock:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I understand that. It's the same sorta deal though, just instead of having spring etc there is nothing. Then you fir the alloy sleeve on top and add a bush fitting so it bolts in.

What were the ones worth in the UK that you want?

Like $150NZD each.

Thats really cheap. Just do that, sounds like they'll be able to be shortened.

• 2 months later...

I want to put adjustable front struts into my dunny door. Don't want super stiff suspension just low low low low low low loooooowwwwww.

The idea in my head is cutting off the lower factory spring platforms welding on a sleeve at the appropriate height and fitting a top spring cup, is it as simple as it really sounds or am I missing something here??

Rears I reckon Ill just trim some coils and have an engineer shorten the already shorter than standard shocks..

yes and no.

Totally is as easy as that. if the spring hat doesn't interfere with the strut top/camber plate you are using.

BUT if you weld the seat low down and still use a soft spring, or if you really weld it low then you are going to run out of travel.

To combat this, chop and weld the strut to accept a new/shorter BODY insert and you're golden.

If you actually want height adjustment, then you're going to be playing is keeper springs or modifying a full tap coilover like Kpr or Volodkavidhshchhch (rob) have done.