Air bag question

JasonK

so I took the seat out of the old mans 2000 holden statesman and had to unplug the air bag in the seat, its all plugged back in etc but the air bag light in the dash wont go out

any ideas??

not sure about the 2000 model bro but my Daddy has a 08 r8 ute same deal seat out bag light wouldnt go out holden were gunna charge him $150 to clear the error fuck that 4 screws i popped the dash out & crushed the bulb with pointy pliers :lol::lol:

so I took the seat out of the old mans 2000 holden statesman and had to unplug the air bag in the seat, its all plugged back in etc but the air bag light in the dash wont go out

any ideas??

not sure about the 2000 model bro but my Daddy has a 08 r8 ute same deal seat out bag light wouldnt go out holden were gunna charge him $150 to clear the error fuck that 4 screws i popped the dash out & crushed the bulb with pointy pliers :lol::lol:

holy crap :|

dunno if those are srs (prob not) but the car wont get a warrent if that light dont illuminate as start .

and yea as per what ben siad

any ideas??

holy crap :|

dunno if those are srs (prob not) but the car wont get a warrent if that light dont illuminate as start .

and yea as per what ben siad

How many wof inspectors at garages actually look at that? I know at toyota dealership when I was there on work experience they use to sometimes not even look at car just told me to beep horn, check all the seatbelts clicked in and retracted when unclicked and that was the inside done.

Most do and all should, would be a bit of a cunt to have a crash and find no airbags have gone off because of a simple thing like that.

In the future you can stop this from happening by removing the battery about 15 mins before unpluging the airbag or seats (if they have pretensioners).

In Holden Vectras the SRS light is on a latch so once it goes on, it won't come off until you plug in the diagnostic thing. This car could be the same but try to reset it like the others have mentioned above first.

Also, I took my Vectra to the local Holden dealership and they quoted about $60 to plug it in but didn't end up charging me anything because it was only a reset. Might be worth trying to wing it like that. I wouldn't just smash the bulb for the sake of $60 because you'd feel shit if someone got worked over in a crash because of it.

do a google search...

my ef falcon had a similar problem.

although it was caused by a dead battery.so it threw up a fault..

found the error codes online,and how to do it..

on the coon i just had to ground the reset terminal until the beeper went off in the dash.

sorted,and cost me nothing...

• 2 weeks later...