One piece alloy wheel widening?

Vintage Grumble

I have heard of people geeting one piece wheels machine down and made to fit some inners and outers so you end up with custom 3 piece rims. dunno about legalities, try bateman/batman racecars and they will give you a good answer.

14x10 imitation g zeros plz

Ive got a dirty old set of performance challengers, they are fake 2 piece, 7 inch wide 15's with gay 26p offset, was hoping to make 1 pair wider for track days, as the 6 inch wide street fins I use are to skinny on the back. I guess the rim could be parted off the center and get new outter made, make it into real 2 piece? Prolly cheaper just to by 2 new wheels?

I remember Gaz saying he investigated outer rims at Batmen a while ago? Was a reasonable price to spin them up. Also apparently Howatt engineering in wellington do alloy outer bands for some of the 4WD boys, spin them up to suit etc so you could try them, ask for Brian.

And I think someone on here has done the conversion from 1 - 2 piece with a set of Superlight/watanabe style rims... was it Cute wee gem?

Edit: Was slidenyo

geminiwag001jm5.jpg

gemini001kw7.jpg

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=9695

There was a guy on retro-rides that did the widening as mentioned by brockolee, it was a heated interferance fit and then he welded it (tig?) but there were still people questioning his engineering in the project.

Its something to do if you want some super epic alloys and have some coin/skills to spare but if you just want something wider why not just buy some cheapies from TM.

Dude on TM replied, will do 2x 15x8 N9 offset for $652.50, or 2x 15x10 N26 offset for $697.50. Not toooo bad I guess for brand new 10 inch wide wheels? Have to see if I can fit 10's on the back without hacking up car. Truenotch, what wheel/tyre sizes do you run on your car? I noticed the N2 cars in japan run upto 245's on the back, seems mighty wide for a lil car?

the problem with 10's is theres no suitable rubber around... but i spose if your buying once off race rubber you might find something suitable, i got 9's and also got band to make them 10's but anything wider than 195 only come in massive sidewalls, running 205-50's on the 9's atm and that enough strech for me

(do sometimes see 205-45-15's)

i would love some 225-40-15's :lol: