sealants

danger

Whats the best sealant to use on sumps? I've sealed my 13b sump twice with hylomar blue but it keeps fucken leaking. Couple of the sump nuts going into alloy are stripped whih doesnt help and when i pull motor out I'll thread them up again but fucken hylomar doesnt seem to wanna cut the mustard anyway I think I need something more solid. Any ideas?

any old shit will work OK as long as the surfaces are clean. isopropyl alcohol is the way to go. clean it really well and you wont have another problem, wipe it with a rag and leave a nice layer of oil on the flange face and it will leak every time.

sheepers.

It has a good gasket and yuh cleaned it with painting degreaser its just cunty and didnt wanna seem to bond i'll try that three bond. They're extra cunty due to not dealing to a solid one/two peice block face like alot of sumps

I had a warped sump once which did that, real pain. Also, the bolt holes usually get a bit bent, tap them down flat again with a hammer and dolly.

another vote for threebond also.

yuha was bout to say this

make sure the surfaces a reasonalby flat, if your cleaning it up mint it should work

The loctite shit is primo on decent faces etc but on a sump that all the bolts don't tighten up use threebond or toyota sealant. Use shit loads also and let it set abit before it all goes together

yuh yuh so it gets a 'skin' etc.