81grande

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

just a progress report on the bike

have painted most of the parts including the frame.

1001504.jpg

pretty happy with the way the wheels came out, took forever to despoke and respoke

1001479.jpg

more or less just have to reassembly it now which will be done in the next week hopefully.

Just got to buy a new front spring set up.

Also need to change the colour of my seat. Would vinyl spray work?

why did you go straight lace with the spokes on the rear wheel - I have this on my single speed and it causes massive horrible vibrations under brakes..

lol i dont know, never really thought about it

Pretty much finished it on saturday. Just needs the seat done, the chain back on and a clean really

1001508.jpg

Cheers guys. Got some pins for the chain today at lunch so managed to ride it tonight, soon discovered a few bolts i hadnt done up properly lol. was weird to steer with, with the wheel being infront of the bars and all.

heres a picture of the pinstripping on the guard (please ignore the poor sticker laying skills)

1001514.jpg

does it need more pinstripes or should i just leave it?

That looks so sweet, I would leave as is for now, see what public reaction is, then take the appropriate steps and change/leave accordingly.

If you got nothing to do on the 28th March should join us in the beach hop bike parade.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Just a little bit of a bumpage, we are starting to go for a weekly cruise in town on our sweet old bikes, either sat or sunday arvo, just meet somewhere via car, jump on bikes then cruise into town for a drink and a munch.

This weekend we are looking to head to the filter room, prob start at the parade somewhere. If anyone is keen, PM me your number and I will flip you a txt with exactly what the stz is.

Last week we had 5 bikes causing trouble in town, kinda going to go with the Strokers bike club/divison etc name for lols.

Lee