low n slows mk1 2door

d.p.n.s

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh choice cheers.

As you suggested will strip and paint engine bay and do full paint job at one go now, no point going at it twice. Need to fit brake lines nicely and have a look at why the sump has a slow leak anyway.

Do you guys think it will be fine getting a role cage fitted with finished exterior paint job done?

Also, two quick engine questions before I pull her out and be left wondering for a month or so.

1. When i throttle quickly the engine just stalls, but if i throttle slowly it can rev fine.

2. The engine will only start with a jab of engine start or when its warm.

Looking for suggestions of anything i should have a quick tinker with, It will need a re tune for different size intercooler etc i presume but not sure how much that matter's also is only running with just the dump pipe.

wont have a afm.those links cant use them. do you have a vac reference running to map senser in ecu?

really you need to connect link to a laptop and check everything.

also the tps proberly needs calibrating....

Yump got a MAP running. Its got the same TPS as it was all originally running. yeah plugging it into computer would be sweet need to save up lots of coin for that :doubt: does anyone have a recomendation or 'Hookup' for tuning in lower north island?

He quoted me this

"Wiring up ECU including Dual channel igniter, a fresh 2m Loom, injector ballast packs if required and wiring materials etc we would estimate $1363.25. This estimate is a basic estimate to get the car going. Any further work would be extra cost.

Our standard tuning cost is $995.00. This includes Dyno Tune, Road Tune and Cold start adjustment. We offer a 30 day money back guarantee on our tuning. So if the tune is not to your satisfaction we will work with you to correct it. If we can not get the tune to something you are happy with we will refund your money.

Thanks

--

Doug Goodall

Speedtech Motorsport Ltd | www.speedtechnz.com"

Atleast I've knocked of over half the cost myself i guess :mrgreen:

Fuck that fly me down i'll bring a wideband and we'll get it 98% sweet on a road tune :D Surely theres someone who could get you a decent road tune in wellys for cash? I'm sure they will do a good job at speedtech but I would never pay $1k for a tune, Id rather road tune then hire some dyno time and perfect it

wont have a afm.those links cant use them. do you have a vac reference running to map senser in ecu?

really you need to connect link to a laptop and check everything.

also the tps proberly needs calibrating....

Yump got a MAP running. Its got the same TPS as it was all originally running. yeah plugging it into computer would be sweet need to save up lots of coin for that :doubt: does anyone have a recomendation or 'Hookup' for tuning in lower north island?

im sort of busy with my tuning cables atm but there must be some os boes in wellys with some for a lem.

there are 2 dynos up in palmy that are mint. but you want any bugs gone before it goes near a dyno. other wise it gets expansive!

• 3 weeks later...

Paint time :bounce: yaaaay!

Body is ready to go just need to finnish a tricky bit on the gutter and the engine bay (which has been striped and exccess rust / holes welded up. Will weld some strengthening in engine bay also i think, between rails and firewall.

74911768.jpg

Need someone like spaceman who is good with colours to help me decided what to go with. Trying to decide between matt silver and matt gunmetal vynal OR a darker metalic silver and black sign writting OR gloss gunmetal and matt black vynal.

In Auckland with work for a month so every second i have free in weeknds been going nuts getting this thing ready. two weeks to go up here :(

Will try get some pictures up Sunday evening but kind of trying to hold back to reviel the car done, tease n all. Quite happy with how prep has gone so far ALLOT better than when i did the 4door, the orbital sander is doing an incredable job! Starying to wonder if matt job wont do the prep justice but also keen on easy maintanace for when i crash and my undies catch on fire.