Injectors

Josh

Ok so Ive been tried starting the capri up (efi turbo pinto) and it wouldn't start. Narrowed down the problem and the injectors aren't squirting like they should be, they are more or less just dribbling out fuel and one isn't even firing anything out.

So blew the injectors with a compressor etc tried again and it won't fire. Could it be the computer needs adjustment to make them fire or the injectors buggered? Anyone else come across this prob/any ideas to try?

Caught fire this arvo after turning it over and had no fire extiungusher so chucked water over it to get it out and water = down the injector holes into the bores. Took the plugs out and sprayed crc and just cranked it over to push the water out, is this sufficent enough to save it? :? Shit I'm having some shit luck with it at the moment..

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Havent checked the pressure, will look into that and hopefully eliminate that to.

And retep it's running the low pressure pump as a lift pump for the surge tank and a 450hp external pump after that to the fuel rail. So pretty sure it's getting enough pressure but will check when I get a chance, cheers.

You should hear the injectors clicking. The easy way to test them assuing you are using the Link ECU still is to plug a spare dizzy in and sping it by hand and listen to the injectors. With out the engine cranking you should hear them clicking clearly. Beaware that everytime they click they will be spitting fuel unless you disable the fuel pump

Yea there should be a base tune as the motor was running with that ecu and those injectors. The injectors have been dormant probably over 1 and a half years now.

Might send them away to get them cleaned then if it has worked for someone here. Where did you send them?

Keen to try your idea Nismo, can just pull the fuse for the pumps, don't have a spare dizzy on me though, have to see if someone has a spare here. Haven't heard them clicking, but probably just drowned by the turning over of the engine, mind you they have been squirting but at really really lame rate.

I'll start trying the ideas tomorrow hopefully

Ive had the issue of blocked injectors 9 out of 12 i tried were so gunked from the shit old fuel in them they couldnt clean them after this fault i get them cleaned on every engine I buy its a gay fault. I dropped them to the local diesel place in hams they have the ultra sonic cleaner and test rig will be one down your way

how I'd check this fault is pull out the injectors send them to be cleaned even if there not the fault its peace of mind if they've been sitting. Normal injector cleaned additive wont do shit if there real caked up

Just test the pumps by pumping them into a bucket for now off the return end of the rail

Actually test the ecu is firing with a led. Plug in the fresh injectors when they come back and fire it up

Keen to try your idea Nismo, can just pull the fuse for the pumps, don't have a spare dizzy on me though, have to see if someone has a spare here. Haven't heard them clicking, but probably just drowned by the turning over of the engine, mind you they have been squirting but at really really lame rate.

I'll start trying the ideas tomorrow hopefully

If you can get a spare dizzy just put it in a drill, plug it in to the loom, turn the car on and crank it .

It's a really good way to check a Link set up as this is how the ECU sences the engine rotation. Doing this you can check you have a clean rpm signal from the dizzy, that your ignition and injectors are firing and the fuel pump is running. Don't run you injectors for over a minute as part of the fuels job is to cool them.

how have you narrowed it down to pressure? you said they wern't spraying piss all? you should be able to get a basic visual your pump is pissing out gas from the return this should be enough to get them firing properly bar actually gauging the rail pressure. Have you put a meter over them to check impedance. You need to describe your system abit more but this should be real easy to fix