Injectors

Josh

I just set my gemini engine up for wasted spark with a Megasquirt and it wouldn't start might fire/backfire out the zorst every so often but not even close to starting. I aslo put gtr injectors in at the same time I assumed they were had it so I changed them back but same shit. In the end it was fuel fouled plugs from all the cranking and not starting while I was getting all the spark settings right. Have you tried cleaning the plugs yet I only cleaned mine because I was lost it had spark at the right time and there was fuel in the cylinders but not starting!!. Started as soon as I cleaned the plugs.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In anycase it works sweet and all my ecu's have been done like this.

That's the main thing :-)

hmmm interesting? Why is that?

Because most other places don't reflect true ground potential. Esp in jap cars dashes with every man and his dog grounded randomly on the framework. Worst ECU earth in a jappa = dash frame work.

Chris from Wirelink (formally Link) told me that Links need to have equal earths.. so that each sensor

has a similar earth to that of the ecu. Apparently, the latest Links now have earths running out to each

sensor to make sure this happens.

The man is 110% right and I'm insisting that the guy designing my ECU hardware does the same thing for the same reasons. However, the sensors should be floating at the engine. What you want is a good ground from the ecu to the block/battery and then individual grounds to all things that are isolated like sensors from the ecu.

I've got all my earths coming off my earthing bolts through the guards, I have one on each side one to the heads

one to the block. If I ran the ecu back to the neg side of the battery it would be different to the earths on the

ecu sensors which I have been well advised not to do.

But, why are your sensors grounded? They should be grounded at the ECU.

What you don't wanna do is make a ground loop out of it.

What you have sounds good anyway, so don't worry.

Fred.

• 3 weeks later...

Sweet so it started! Was a timing issue. However that was yesterday..had it all running etc, was rough but good it was going, went to start it up today and now it's just turning over and not starting at all again grr.. it's getting pre-ignition sort of pop occasionally but that's about it, any suggestions what it might be?

Took spark plugs out and they are soaked in fuel, so dried them off, took fuse out for fuel pumps and just wound it over to try get rid of excess fuel in the cylinders, pumps back and but still a no go.