kevinators ex swap

Ke36

hahah dont give up man

oil pressure can b fixed easy with some compressed air :lol:

and on the electrics with the computer i had a similar problem with my lancer, i think the ignitions in them are fucked up

ecu was hooked up to the "on" circuit but when you try to turn the key to crank it it would drop the 12v feed to the on switch turning the ecu off so the pumps etc would stop working

yours sounds the same except backwards i.e the ecu is powered by the starter circuit

i ended up running a complete seperate starter circuit through a push button so the ignition just stays on

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys. Feel like a bit of a moaning bitch now! Had another crack at it tonight, and still nufn. Also found out theres no spark to add to it all. Mite just push it in the corner, forget about it and save up to build a new engine. Probably run a bearing from all the cranking ive done.

My ol man said to try pump oil back through the oil feed for the turbo. If anyone has any ideas, please dont hesitate to say anything.

and on the electrics with the computer i had a similar problem with my lancer, i think the ignitions in them are fucked up

ecu was hooked up to the "on" circuit but when you try to turn the key to crank it it would drop the 12v feed to the on switch turning the ecu off so the pumps etc would stop working

There's 3 postitions

accessory

ignition

start.

Some ignition switches kill the accessory feed in the cranking position so if you're powering off the accessory feed, it won't go. Just a case of wiring it up correctly.

Steve

I'd take the cam cover off, and see if there's been oil splashing around up there.

I mean it could be that it *says* it's got no oil pressure, when it's been building pressure fine.

If not, next thing I'd check would be that the oil pickup is not blocked or sitting on the bottom of the oilpan or something, can happen if you get a dent in your pan. Or given that it looks like you've got a custom sump, yeah check the clearances to the oil pickup to bottom of the pan, if the pan bent a little when you sat it down, or something like that...

• 2 weeks later...

Hey man. Probably won't be of much use but I remember in one thread Tank/Macabre said he couldn't get much (read: any) oil pressure to build up while cranking and also that he had trouble with the wiring like a few others, and I think is running a seperate start switch. No doubt he can elaborate further or perhaps I'm just talking shit, just would hate for you to be chasing your tail on things that have been solved before.

Hey man. Probably won't be of much use but I remember in one thread Tank/Macabre said he couldn't get much (read: any) oil pressure to build up while cranking and also that he had trouble with the wiring like a few others, and I think is running a seperate start switch. No doubt he can elaborate further or perhaps I'm just talking shit, just would hate for you to be chasing your tail on things that have been solved before.

Thanks bro. Nah your not talking shit. I read that he has got a seperate start switch as well. But id like to set it up using the key. It would just eat at me if its not done properly.

Ill get there. just want to lay some black marks down!!!

• 1 month later...

I brought the radiator off trademe. It didnt say what vehicle it was for, but it had the inlet and outlet in the right spot for my engine. It just sits inside the chassis rails with about 10mm each side to spare

I brought it off this user

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Listin ... er=1681363

But he doesnt seem to be selling anything anymore. Not since march! :?

Yeah, gotta get back into it. Just got a new job with workmates who are in the same boat as me with our projects, so we're kinda feeding off one anothers motivation!

• 2 weeks later...

hey bro good stuff! point you may wanna check out i had a fair bit of trouble cooking starters and figured out that you can put them in a bit misaaligned quite easily and it makes a sound like yours does. just undo the bolts and give it a wriggle round then tighten and test till you get it right. Otherwise you must be fucken stoked!