Ke36

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

hey infinite the evo flywheel is bigger diameter than the L200/L300/Sigma flywheel too, and also the RWD flywheel has space for a spigot bearing while the VR-4/Evo flywheels don't. You could perhaps use a flywheel from a 2.4 16V L300 van or L200/Triton ute 1994 onwards as they are 7 bolt flywheel and RWD, but may too be too big diameter, but they aren't stepped like the Evo flywheel. This is the main reason why you don't use an Evo block, best to use a VR-4 or Starion block with Evo head.

if you are going to go through that effort why not just get a custom flywheel made up from scratch? I would trust a flywheel which has been welded and drilled back into.. that's just asking for it to explode at high rpm and launch through your bonnet/feet.

if you are going to go through that effort why not just get a custom flywheel made up from scratch? I would trust a flywheel which has been welded and drilled back into.. that's just asking for it to explode at high rpm and launch through your bonnet/feet.

Yeah i figured thats the affect u would get!. ive talked to motor preps in oto today and he is going to machine the flywheel and then it will be the size of l200 figure this is the best way, i could get one of the guys todo it at work but its going to be a bit of pissing arround and ill have todo it on a sat/sun and i want this now!! lol going to cost about 300 - 400 all up balanced...

So u havent actuley had to CUT the bellhousing to make the clutch turn that just needs a bit of a grind? and then to make the starter work u have to just slightly move it closer?

there is a guy on trademe who has said

are u sure? as 7 bolt flywheel is larger and rubs on bellhousings on l200/sigma boxes what are these? subaru_gt (26 ) 9:35 pm, Tue 23 Mar

ive done it mate.you need to change the ring gear on the flywheel other wise the starter wont line up .i can do that to for 300 10:14 pm, Tue 23 Mar

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=278630483

I was thinking hes all crap? i will be geting my l200 flywheel tonight so will see if the ring gear is the same size or not! i was to beleave its a differnt size... Cause if this works all i need todo is grind the bellhousing and put the ring gear on and im done?

• 3 months later...

Hey mate I have just joined this site.But was wandering who did your wiring from the ex lancer to the evo.Im in the process of doing one myself.It's a 82 ex lancer would you have any wiring diagrams etc....would be great cheers.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...