turbo timers

Ke36

who reckons there all shit or are they worth it?

im just thinking take it easy for a bit before i stop, and if ive obvisouly been giving it a damn good flogging then drive round for a bit or let it idle then turn it off

or should i just get a cheap one anyways?

Unless you have a habit of boosting the shit out of your engine and then turning it off the very second after, a turbo timer will have no benefit. The drive home after you boost the crap out of it is more than enough to cool the turbo down a little and get the oil flowing through.

With the evolution of good quality oils it's not so necessary to keep the engine running to flow oil through the turbo after it gets hot.

Guest vvega

they came from the days of non water cooled turbo's to prevent coking

if your turbo is water cooled ...then it is pointless and a waste of money

post 757

im a fucken jumbo jet baby

also, if you must have one, be sure to put it on the shortest time possible - ie 10-30seconds, not 3-5 minutes which is just retarded

Totally... Would be cool to wire up electric fans to come on when turbo timer comes on for 30 secs or so...

I think I can handle sitting in my car for half a min. Might just flag the turbo timer..

yea i just bought a budget $20 trademe one 1-3-5min setting and on off

guy installing my alram said hed hook it all up with the alarm

turbos not water cooled either

mate pointed out there also usefull to warm car up aswell

probly wont use it all the time just good to be there incase, didnt cost fuck all

only other thing i was worried about was does it make it any easier to steal car?

easy access to ignition wires etc

also usefull to warm car up aswell

Am i missing something? Wouldnt the car just turn off like 1/3/5 minutes after you started it? I woulda thought just leaving the car running would warm it sufficiently tbh

haha yea but easy say if your at work or something start it set it to 5 mins turn it off alarm it walk back inside then walk out in a few mins etc get in go go gadget boost

i 4get shit all the time/constantly start car then realise i have to go inside etc and unlock house so need keys

dont have to worry bout leaving keys in car

novelty idea i know but :lol: