Insani-T's 1923 Ford T Bucket Drag Car

Insani-T

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I wont say no bling, but there will be very little. Going to most likely run the polished wires that are on the front and if I do that, then I be looking for some nice 15x10s for the back. They will have a painted centre with a polished lip. But yeah that will be pretty much it for the bling factor.

Going to go with a flat paint job, with maybe a gloss chassis. But that is like a million years away and will most likely change mind before then.

Hmm not going to happen some how. Can handle building a nice old ford, but cant bring myself to power it by an old Ford v8.

As for power not too sure on that at the moment. Reading up on the 308, they have a huge range of hp. One article says 200hp and another says 240hp. And that is old technology so Im not sure if its realistic or not but 350 in this little car should be just nice.

Do you know what you are going to do exhaust wise?

Yeah got an idea of what we are doing, going to have a pair of custom open headers that will able to be capped and then run under the car to where it will join up to mufflers.

So the power I am hoping to get, will be for the uncapped headers.

Edit: Along the lines of the rod in my sig

Na no grill decision yet. Went to swap meet in Tauranga on sunday and they had nothing, so will head over to Rotorua next month and see if anything catches my eye there.

Just going to go with the whole "that would suit the car so well" decision I think.

Nice start man. Chassis' looking good. Only thing I'd suggest is replacing those heim joints on your 4-bars with bushed rod ends. You'll keep the fillings in your teeth then!

You are aware there isnt many t buckets that drive "comfortably" right? :wink: