valve stem seals

Brock-Lee

I just bought a 910 wagon. lol dont ask me why, impulse buy. Stem seals are gone on it so she smokes like *insert somthing that smoke alot that I cant think of* on start up but clears after that. Would it be worth doing seals or just whack a good head on it.

cheers

sweet. it the l20b model if that makes any difference. how hard are the stem seals to do? like a saturday out in the morning and back together before its time to drink or is it a cunt of a job that ppl go "nah she can smoke cos I hate doing stem seals"

cheers

You'd probably better off to just give it new rings.

How will rings fix leaky valve stem seals? Assuming that smoke is actually from leaky valve stem seals of course. Replace rings and the smoke is still there... :rolleyes:

why >??? rings dont give the symptoms he is talking bout .. in fact no where near

valve stem seals are piss easy to do unless you havea fuckgay head like mine where they are riiiiggght down inside and cant get fucking valve springs off and on etc .. rant over

id be a lazy and cheap cunt and put 85/140 in the engine lofls bu thats bad for cold running

usually smoke on first startup and when idling (ie under vacuum for a prolonged time) is a sure sign of valve stem seals,

smoke on acceleration or just constant smoke in general would point to oil control rings poked.

Sure it could be the rings in question, but it's more likely the valve stem seals in this particular case.