The Adventures of Petey 8valve and his Magical Citroen Break

kyteler

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It would likely have to be groomed properly depending how stinky it is, a good start though would be to remove the seats and vacuum the fuck out of the carpets and all the nooks and crannies, and some of the crannies nooks too.

Then get the seats shampoo'd/wet vac'd with decent cleaner. It has to be put on, left for about a minute or so and then vacuum'd off, then it'll need a while to dry and if there's any stains they'll soak up through from the sponge layer and you'll have to surface treat them. They'll need to dry out too though, so a nice warm dry area and let them sit there until they're bone dry.

Will likely need to shampoo any fabric on the interior cards too and also the carpet itself after it's been vigourously vacuumed, depending how rank it is, you might want to remove the carpet and give it a bit of a hose down while it's hanging on the washing line or some such.

The hard plastic area will need some kind of citrus based cleaner to get any residual crap off, nicotene etc. Spray some onto one area, then onto another, then wipe one while the cleaner eats into the grime on the other, once they've all been cleaned properly a nice non-silica based polish to give it a shine and a protective layer and depending on the product, a nice smell.

Don't let any fabric on the door cards stay wet for too long, the glue will give and they'll start peeling off, which would suck.

I'd even go so far as to pull the carpets out, because if it's damp it'l undoubtedly be damp beneath them if it's got underlay... then hang the carpets out for a day or 2 in the shed, THEN shampoo them.

Oh I see KayWhy mentioned that, but meh. I'll mention it again. Gives you a good chance to check for any rot as well.

Also, they thought of just about everything while designing that car.

• 3 months later...

Manual Bundy? Havn't heard that for a while. Kiwi music ain't it from a few years ago when Mama Said was around? Vagualy remember them being at X-air in Hamilton? Blimmin random music found in newly brought cars. My dad's old A31 Cef had a cd jammed in the player called "Train train the Blue Heats", sounded like jappanese kareoke. Only english words were "Oh baby". :lol:

Edit, Omgoodness... actually found it on yu tube! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbTawfvtHWs It's like the Ramones asian cousins

• 5 months later...

Nothing to report really. Have been too slack and bought too much other shit to fit it in the garage at the moment, lol. Bought a 405 and 306 that are higher up on the to do list at the moment. 405 needs a bit of panel work to get a door on, then I'll daily that and it won't need to live in the garage. Hopefully then I'll be able to make a space for the CX and start pulling it to bits.

Need moar money and moar shed.