ColdTurkeys 240C wagon

pies

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

looking good, well done.

Prepping/painting a car yourself must be a rather rewarding (when the whole process is over or course, until then i imagine its a hair pulling exercise )

Cima a new acquisition?

wasn't on the tard recently was it?

looking good, well done.

Prepping/painting a car yourself must be a rather rewarding (when the whole process is over or course, until then i imagine its a hair pulling exercise )

Cima a new acquisition?

wasn't on the tard recently was it?

Yeah, I guess you're right, doing all the work myself was pretty rewarding. Even more so because people you talk to will assume you spent $$$$ getting it done and are surprised when you tell them you did everything yourself on the mega cheap. I've attempted to paint cars in the past and have given up before I got a good finish, just due to lack of patience etc. The best thing I did was do the rust repairs bit by bit, keeping the whole thing on the road. Then when it came to painting it just needed a single weekend to complete it in. Which will be the same when I decide to paint it another colour.

Yup the Cima is a relatively new addition, it is the mega high kms one that was on trade me. For the price I got it for though, it could just about have a blown engine. And the exterior/interior of the thing is literally mint, not a single issue with the entire car! I really like it actually.

Pretty sure the left rear wheel bearing was replaced a short time ago. Or was it the right? I can't remember.

Also is the steering actually sticking or does it just feel stiff in certain spots like lumpy almost?

Yeah lumpy, stiff in some spots, once you get past the trouble spots its sweet again. Any idea what could cause that?

If it was the bearing, would it just make a noise when turning one way? I'd have thought I'd hear it more. Kinda sounds like something being turned down on a lathe, a softish rotating noise.

Ha yeah, hence why I thought it could be the diff or something like that.

The other strange thing is that it seems to be coming from the left, when turning left, so its not even the wheel thats spinning faster/getting loaded up.

Im not super worried about it cause ive got a spare diff along with the whole drum to drum rear axle out of the parts sedan, im sure I could make something work.

I'll check the steering box when I get a chance (i've actually got a whole spare steering setup too).

• 2 months later...

Buy a kit, Dakota digital kit is like $300 US, I have played around getting my mechanical/vacuum system going again but I need a bunch of parts and the electronic kit is the easiest way.

For speed sensing most kits intercept the speedo cable, how compatible this will be is questionable with your Nissan. Looks like the Dakota kit has a optional magnetic pickup that attaches to the driveshaft for non GM applications.

My original cruise used a vacuum diaphragm that pulled a chain connected to the throttle linkage. The new kit has a servo and cable that connects directly to the throttle linkage.

The Kit comes with a dash mounted switch to engage, luckily for me they make a stalk mounted version that replaces my factory column mounted stalk controls without looking to modern and gay.

Brake switch should directly kill the unit so its safe.

Dakota kit.

http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=product/product_id=46/category_id=477/home_id=-1/mode=prod/prd46.htm