CA18-SC14

Rusted

Seeing as I will have money next week, I'm already making plans on how to spend it on the 180B(Bout bloody time).

I'm going to build up two engines, Daily and NA Screamer.

Daily is what my current efforts are towards. I was thinking a CA18 with a SC14 would be quite cool.

From the information I have collected the SC14 is really only efficient to 10psi. Best option is to bolt the SC14 onto a CA18DET, however the increased compression in a CA18DE would help produce more HP.

I know where pies sits on this one(CA18DE are shit, always blowing head gaskets...) but I know of a few CA18de+T's running low boost-12psi max and continue running with no issues.

I also understand the SC14 isn't the best supercharger but they are cheap and it's something different to going down the turbo route.

Why are you asking this here?!!!!

You must surely know that there are heaps of these on the datsun site.

4trubble, 2doors, and skdmrx are/have done it.

John (Skdmrx) said if he did it again, he'd use DE pistons anyway. With the lower boost levels blower set ups use, the higher comp pistons aren't really a disadvantage. Just get a proper head gasket. (Good quality metal one)

People almost give away CA18de's. On sensible boost, an S/C14 will be just fine. Just do it man!!!

I'm now leaning towards a screw blown CA18 for my 1600. After riding in Dan's old CA turb'd 1600, I have a new respect for them.........

The datto site could tend to be a bit biased. Yvette's ute is awesome, and john used a 4g63 crank to get a CA20DEZ combo so it's a BIT different to what I'm looking at.

Mint idea, I will run with it. :D CA18DE + SC14. awesome.

The datto site could tend to be a bit biased. Yvette's ute is awesome, and john used a 4g63 crank to get a CA20DEZ combo so it's a BIT different to what I'm looking at.

Mint idea, I will run with it. :D CA18DE + SC14. awesome.

Nah mate, john just used a ca18 crank. You must be thinking of someone else.

it is a good option, hell, I wanted to build my old 1200 ute up with this option,

At the time, I had never heard of anyone doing before, ovuiosly they would have, but still, somthing different and mean.

My question about all these guys that have run it, are they all running factory ecu's or aftermarket?

• 2 weeks later...