bump stops

pies

so. My bump stops on the MX are WAY to long. and i need more travel. At a guess id say the current distance between chassis and the end of the bumpstop is around 5 inches.

What are my options? keeping in mind it has to get cert.

Are there aftermarket bumpstops i can fit?

Are there any restrictions on what bumpstops can be made out of?

i guess it goes without saying that the bump stops are that height for a reason :rolleyes::rolleyes:

i would have a good look at what is going to hit before i get funky with the grinder

Good point. Will be thoroughly checked out and more stuff hacked if need be

Guest sexychevette
Oh 5inch bump stops.. FUCK!

In cortina.. standard bumpstop doesnt even stop driveshaft hitting floorpan.

yuh same in back of chevette. found massive dent/groove above my torque tube when i took the rear end out :lol:

pies u homo just take them out altogther. itl be fine. probably

in my personal own opinion

car doesnt need to be THAT low man, seriously dont give a fuck if i get flamed for that or whatver, but fuck, how many cars have you slammed the fuck out of, and then never really drivin

it looks sweet as is, any lower will just make you look like a tard

I have the same ones on my gx71 pies.

I just cut like an inch off've them, I probably didn't even need to at the height it is. It really doesn't need to be THAT low as pete has just said

Also they aren't 5 inches long man, they are like 2.5 inches and are bolted to the top spring mount bit. If they were 5 inches long they'd splay and shit if you bottomed out

in my personal own opinion

car doesnt need to be THAT low man, seriously dont give a fuck if i get flamed for that or whatver, but fuck, how many cars have you slammed the fuck out of, and then never really drivin

it looks sweet as is, any lower will just make you look like a tard

fuck. it doesnt NEED to be low at all you dildo. thanks for the advice. i'll consider it when i move to the country and im boning my cousin/sister/dad/uncle/animals

all i was saying in a round a bout way, was that from now, the lower you go the more you're fucking it and the shitter it looks

The shitter it looks? I think you're missing the point of this car / pies.