Mr. D's 1978 Moleste!

Requiemk

even after the mishap with the new one over the weekend im gana have to say /nah to selling either of them.

Got the engine and box out today, water blasted the fuck out of them both & the engine bay. managed to finally spilt box & engine, the centre of the clutch disc snapped off the outer friction material.

will price up new clutch kit, including spigot. Do you want me to give her the once over while its out? Cambelt & seals etc. Spark plugs, leads, cap & rotor? Oh and the major oil streak under the car is coming from the mechanical fuel pump leaking. U want that replaced too?

Get Back to me cuz?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

even after the mishap with the new one over the weekend im gana have to say /nah to selling either of them.

Got the engine and box out today, water blasted the fuck out of them both & the engine bay. managed to finally spilt box & engine, the centre of the clutch disc snapped off the outer friction material.

will price up new clutch kit, including spigot. Do you want me to give her the once over while its out? Cambelt & seals etc. Spark plugs, leads, cap & rotor? Oh and the major oil streak under the car is coming from the mechanical fuel pump leaking. U want that replaced too?

Get Back to me cuz?

you got a pm boss

Engine & box back togeather now, all went togeather sweetly with no complications, so thats a plus. will put her back in car tommorow if its not raining, then ill take her for a drive make sure everything is all swell. U might be able to pick her up this weekend all things going well.

an eventful day with the molest

Got engine & box back in the car. bolted everything back up & filled all fluid levels. started first pop & ran nicely till she warmed up. checked the timing, was running at 5ATDC, not cool, adjusted that little fucker & running nicely now. checked clutch operation, also good now.

Took for a quick drive up the road and everything seems to be in order.

Now just gotta replace the top radiator hose & change engine oil & filter & she'll be all g!

Just like new

I would have said yes to that a few days ago but as it turns out i have to leave Wellington and go back to the Naki tonight after work at 10pm! Cheers for the offer though :)

Was planing on rolling back through Palmy on Sunday to get it if your going to be home then John?

• 2 weeks later...

Na it wasn't that expensive. I have hooks ups through a guy at work who did all that sort of shit for 30 odd yrs, and hes a G.C. At the moment he thinks he can do the whole car for under 2k :D

That includes door cards, carpet, roof lining etc.

Don't think the guys gana be using felt for it, though i have to go back and talk to him about it tomorrow when i take the door cards and shit in.

As for the engine, i haven't got one yet but I'm getting hook ups there to. One of Flanges mates dads is a performance engineer so hes gana be helping out/ doing a lot of it. That starts in may so cant wait for that shit to get under way.

As for the body, now that I'm leaving it orange, it just needs to have a bit of rust fixed and some touch ups done and she'll be all good.