Pouring Bushes

CaMpylobacter

Hello Chaps,

I've got some rather interesting suspension bushes which I need to replace, but they're unavailable to purchase from the local shopkeeper. I also want to make an engine mount.

For both of these tasks, I need some liquid urethane. Does anyone know of a source for this? It needs to set to be able to take a reasonable amount of pressure.

thanks in advance

huzzah

rofl. yeah that's the adhesive style one. such a rangimod thing to do. I was gonna inject urethane into the bottom mount of my pooj before last track day coz it's fucked from oil leaks. Decided it wasn't worth the effort so jsut ran as is... have been up til now :shock:

as a complete mount though I don't wanna use like 3 tubes of that shit lol. wont hold up methinks.

I've thought of using a solid bit for the mount and turning it down in a lathe but yuh, pouring is gonna be a little more reliable/give better longevity.

Stocks is across the carpaprk from me so I should ask them. the welly guys aren't as good as the dudes in auckland though, sadly

Yeah I'm pretty keen to give that a go (pouring new engine mounts) - otherwise, what are some good places to check for new ones? called stink repco and the "Mount Shop".. are there any others? guess I could try suzuki as well..

afaik the only ones you should bother poruing are round encapsulated ones. alto mounts should be a piece of piss to get though. suzuki still do them.

yeah. needs to be fluid as I can't push them into where they're going, and still have them tight. they'll just cut themselves.... weird.

I've thought of urethane like windscreens are glued in with but I'm not sure how it'll go

hmm

Common practice for Honda folk to fill engine mounts with windscreen stz urethane when they crack, and seems to do the job sweet!

See if you can contact a guy on Toyspeed "ronio73" and ask what he uses, he makes moulds up and makes some fairly mean urethane mounts etc.

afaik the only ones you should bother poruing are round encapsulated ones. alto mounts should be a piece of piss to get though. suzuki still do them.

yeah just called Suzuki, they've got two on the shelf for $138 + gst each.. I guess that's pretty standard price for OEM stuff.. was hoping for cheaper though.

BNT go through Autolign Mt Wellington (09) 5742290. Talked to a chap there who machines Nolethane ones for around the $100 mark.

Just called ITW, the supplier for Devcon, comes in a 454g bottle of liquid or in a putty form. Can get it at Auckland Engineering Services in Beaumont street (down by all the marine shops in Auckland) for trade price $130.

Guy said they only do two hardnesses 80a and 90a, the Devcon 80 is 84 Shore A scale, so it's gonna be pretty rigid compared to the 60 that the honda guy used.

A 454g bottle would be enough for two sets of mounts all round for my car, so maybe one of yous is keen to go halves?

I've got the lower support mounts that are just flat, squarish ones, but then I got three upper ones that control the twist, and theyre round ones, like this:

img2772mediumpr8.jpg

haven't actually had a good look at the lower ones, I think I can get them from repco/autolign/bnt, but if I'm gonna have urethane left over I might as wel try to make them as well.