Cunt wont come off

fuel

Hey guys I need to take the flexplate off my 6A12 engine in order to chuck a flywheel on instead. Problem is there's a locating ring which locates the torque convertor in place which wont budge. It's just big enough that I can't get a socket over the crank bolts. I've never had a problem with this on other engines as they have fallen out usually. I've soaked it in CRC/WD40 and tried to get a screwdriver in under there to lever it out but it just wont budge. There's a hole in the centre which I have put a thick screwdriver in and wiggled it and it moves just a fraction of a mm but it still wont come out!

Any ideas?

Here's a pic of what I'm on about:

flexplate.jpg

Cheers

What about using a slide hammer to pull it out? The hard part will be getting something with a thread large enough to grab onto the piece in question, or perhaps you can drill into it if its uneeded? Do you have pics of inside it?

I would have to tap a thread for the slidehammer I guess. Yeah it is needed to go back on another engine.

Puller arms just wont get in under it, flywheel bolts are just in the way, and I don't think the lip is big enough. Crowbar will get in a little bit but usually slips off.

Could try a thin wall socket I guess, hrmm wonder who has one.

looks in that picture (to me at least) to have jacked sideways a bit, maybe a little tappy tap action with a hammer to try and get it coming out evenly.. otherwise get a peice of pipe or rod that fits inside the centre bore and gently wiggle back and forth, should come out eventually maybe....

hey boes, turns out it was just tight enough to not come out when levering it out - but with vice grips attached to the lip it just ended up sliding out. I feel so stupid haha, was trying for hours levering it out.

Cheers everyone for your help and advice