Glancn's 1983 Corona Wagon of Awesome

Glancn

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Race brakes are top notch, have mean yarns to the old guys there.

What material did you get?

Bedding them in is the best part, once you get the resins in the pads cooking it smells so awesome! Better than tyres i think.

1166? Can't remember >_< also getting a litre of decent elf/pennzoil brake fluid. Mad deep into corners like WTF SON! Wish I had time to do the 10" vented discs from a Cressida ay :/

Dropped car into exhaust shop this morning, get it back later. brap.

1166? Can't remember >_< also getting a litre of decent elf/pennzoil brake fluid. Mad deep into corners like WTF SON! Wish I had time to do the 10" vented discs from a Cressida ay :/

Dropped car into exhaust shop this morning, get it back later. brap.

i THINK my scressida struts i have at home are vented... will have to double check. make an offer if u want em. can bring em to nats aswell

For brake fluid, motul rbf600 is a mean deal. Its race spec, pretty much the same wet/dry boiling points (couple of deg) as the elf/brembo stz, but BNT sell it for ~$35 trade! Which is a steal!

1166 is a mean material, love braking mega hard. Last trackday i was braking reeeal deep into one particular hairpin, change down to second, lose the engine braking on back wheels, fronts would lock up for a fraction till clutch was back out! Awesome! Scaring passengers with braking is mean :lol:

RBF600 = win

Just a thought, I've been recommended to use Mintex 1144s over the 1166s as my car sees a lot of daily and weekend street use. The 1144s are a lot less destructive to the rotors, more forgiving for normal everyday braking etc.

Might be worth considering if you use the car as your primary mode of transport and only go to trackdays twice or three times a year.

the track hack TX3 that I'm building will def have 1166s equipped tho.

I'm just guessing that it is 1166, could well be 1144. Can't remember! Got some 10" vented cressida discs off Mike's (Mr Dori) mate. Will see if they fit without changing anything else tomorrow.

My other intake mani/adapter/32-36 hasn't arrived yet so just putting new head in with valve springs, cam, head gasket and oil.

Rear spring leaves will come out tomorrow then taking them to Snells on Monday for resetting. Haven't tracked down some nolathanes for the rears yet, also don't know much about the adaptability of the bushes i.e. skim them down so will probably just go with new standard bushes.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers! They were pretty good ay. Forgot the guys name (might be David) but they are pretty efficient and do a REAL tidy job. I'll take some under car pics soon to show the work. Exhausts are a piece of piss to them.

My mate Darrin who is also my mechanic recommended Woolf to me.

Anyone got pics of this red Carina wagon, mad os stz from japan? I've seen it in a couple of video clips and other sites but cant seem to locate it.

Also, any difference in weight between NZ new TT141 and JDM Carina wagons?

^^ Pretty much. What shit can I strip out? I still want to be able to drive it around in almost full trim during weekends but will def take shit out for trackdays.

And yes, I'll get it lowered more. Cheers Rich for the pic, thats my inspiration kinda.

So gonna get fender mirrors.

Might get rid of plastic trims along the sides (you can see a groove on the side of the wagon where the trim used to be) should I get rid of mine? Only thing is, on the drivers side where I fixed the trim up over the weekend has had mega exposure to moisture/water so has mean surface rust bubbles along the inner of that WHOLE strip :@ Would look pretty gay. Don't wanna respray really $$$