Mint69 mk2 tina

Gaz

Wow she is very bright indeed. Looking good tho.

Just to follow up on the cam story from above.

I was taling Snow from KiwiCams in Palmy... def go there..

Ive just been mega fucked round by Kelford..nowhere near as professional as I would have expected.. First they lost my cam....! then told me it was sent when I have suspision it was still in the shop untouched.. Took me 2.5 extra weeks over the date I had asked them to have it finished by... had given them ample time to complete and I feel they did not try one bit even to look at it before the date I wanted it back... Fucked off here indeed, slowed my build down by 2.5 weeks!!!

Anyways rant over there..

Have a look at my project thread.. I mounted those seats I brought off ya in my mk2. Looking good. Dont know if I took the best piucs of them tho.

The best way to teach Kelford a lesson - Go Rota Bro!! try and get him to sell you a cam grind for that puppy.. it'll take AGES to get it

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A few more pics of my car, paint has had another good block sand and the bonnet has been primered and block sanded ready for colour. engine is half put back together but no rush there as that can be done in a night after the cars painted as it should prevent the seals from drying out before use. Seats are goingaway tommorow to have the green and white vinyl treatment as well as my dash top and speaker pods. Spent 3 hours gettin my front sway bars sorted in the weekend but still need to have it slightly adjusted before the engine goes in to prevent it from cracking the blocks and they need to be clamped down further from where they are now, apart from that its comin along slowly.

CortinaSwaybars.jpg

Cortinahotwire.jpg

Cortinaenginebay-2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

IT looks preety dam cool all right, im real happy with how its turned out. I havnt got the bill for it all yet the guy is half way through the front bench seat. Was told it was $15 an hour to upholster the seats and material cost me about $160 all up. This will differ of course depending on who does your work. Here's my back bench seat all done and ready to slide back into the car.

benchseatdone.jpg

Yeah he is an older guy doing it, just waiting on more material to arrive and then i will have all my bench seats done. Got the top half of the front bench seat back tonight so it would have only taken about 2-3 weeks for the lot which is dam good! you'll find him in the deep south. Joys of living down here i guess cheap deals and a dam good job. cant go wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

An update on the car. Wiring is being done, underlay has been glued to the floor to quieten things down, custom made sub box has been fitted as well as my 6x9 speaker shelf at the back thanks to my brother's handy work. Front has been put back together and the possums better watch out as we had a pair of H4's in the garage that are now on the car. Rego plates are still live so will look that much better with the black plates when its done. Brought a uniden alarm system which is being fitted soon aswell. Carpets are in soon to be followed by the seats.

cortinafront-1.jpg

cortinarear2.jpg

Cortinarear1.jpg

Another few photo's. The seats are just sitting in it to keep them from getting junk sat on them. the umpers are fixed on and the back one needs a bit of a polish up and it'll be good. Next on the list is the hoodlining and then its down to get the engine, gearbox, drive shaft in at the workshop.

Cortinarear-1.jpg

Cortina-5.jpg

Cortina-4.jpg

Cortinawithseats.jpg

Looks good. Definitely not painting going to paint mine green now though. To be honest, green doesn't work for me the way I imagined, and now that it's been done I want something unique, the shade of green on your car is pretty much the exact shade I had in mind for mine, and we can't have two looking the same now can we?

Nonetheless, she's looking well.

• 2 weeks later...

its alot brighter in the flesh, photo's dont do justice for the paint. unique is deffinetly good. here's some more photo's, engine going in tommorow all going well. exahust gets put on next week some time as well. will post pics of that as it will be the first mk2 cortina (i hope) with the type of exahust i'll be getting.

frontdash.jpg

backseatthroughreardoor.jpg

atworkshop.jpg

backseats.jpg

• 2 weeks later...