Mint69 mk2 tina

Gaz

Mean will be cool to see pics of what ya done so far.

What are the plans to make it diff to others?

"It will be a one of a kind as im not going for the original look.Here's the details on what should be in it when its finished. "

"

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see someone else with A Mk2. I look forward to seeing the pics, and I'd be interested in seeing the colour, as I'm going green for mine, if I don't change my mind again. Anyway, keep us updated.

Oh, and have a look at mine

http://www.oldschool.co.nz/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=9058

And let me know what you think

http://www.oldschool.co.nz/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=9059

Also, you said you're not putting the chrome on the back, so would you sell it to me? If so how much?

Im tryin to change and improve as much as I can.I have stripped and painted my door cards which are now a gloss white, my door arm rests are now tropicana green (close to car paint colour, and is even a ford colour!) with a few layers of clearcoat to save from being damaged, Window winders have been polished and the plastic roller handle has been painted green with the clearcoat aswell. Alternator is fisnhed, has been stripped and fixed and painted. It is painted with decent chrome paint,green for the exposed wire peices and a the plastic cover at the back is white,the pulley on the front has been painted green to offset the chrome and the bolt in the middle has been painted chrome aswell. Have had custom made headunit case from Rimu and and clearcoated, my front speaker pods are being fibre glassed as we speak so they will be painted white once I get them back. Im in the prcess of taking the engine out so will be sending my order away to STA parts in Auckland for all the gaskets etc and other bits and peices. Cam is going to be sent away to Kelfords in Christchurch. Im not exactly sure what else will be done to the engine but once it is pulled out I'll decide then. I need to buy some Gudgeon pins as the ones in in it now make the typical knocking noise as i had turned the engine over when i got the car. I have also painted my manifold with the chrome paint which will have a nice new K&N filter on top of it once I order it. Will list more once I know myself what else is going to be done. Car is heading off to the panel beaters at the end of this month all going well. If any one knows where I can get a real good Radiator for my Mk2 that would be cool as my one is stuffed.

So you have two shells, I'm guessing one is a parts car that you pinch bits off etc? All the work you're doing is what my old one would've needed had I stuck with it.

Tropicana green is an awesome colour. Do you have some pics of the painted bits?

And how about those chrome pieces, will you sell them to me?!

wow theres a few guys here with mk2's now, great stuff, so by the look of your pics you are restoring the white one that was originally an auto? and the blue one is a 1600 super donor car?, the white one looks like it has a nice lean interior and quite a reasonable body... i have a 1600 super auto that i cruise around in myself, and have a mk2 wagon that im going to start restoring one day...

pics of the wagon:

http://www.oldschool.co.nz/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=5683

I'm after the chrome bits on the back, the ones that run the full width of the rear of the car, above and below the tail lights. The top one is a long centre piece, with two smaller corner bits, and the bottome one is two longer bits which meet in the middle and connect with a joiner.

There's about 3 MkII 'tina's getting around in Invers regularly at the moment, and a couple of MkI's, always good to have more Cortina's though (as long as they're pre-IV).

Also dude, see those "IMG Code" tags on your photobucket, click inside those, and copy and paste the txt into your project thread, wallah. Pictures.

Hi

Sorry Mk2 maniac but while i was looking for the chrome strips today i remember i gave them to my panel beater as a kinda of peace offering to soften the blow when it goes in to be panel beated as the guy who is going to work on my car also has a mk2 cortina. I do have a joiner tho i found one in my many boxes of bits.I'll have a second look but pretty sure I gave most of them to him as i didn't want them. Took my engine out today but didnt get have the camera with me.will post some pics in a week or so as the engine is at a mates place who is away for a week. got 2 13 x5.5 hotwires given to me the other day as spares with bridgestone turbo tyres on them with good tread so I'll tidy them up and see if they will fit in the boot. Just got to sand the floor in the white one as shes already for the panel beating. The white cortina is my good one as you can tell and the blue one was going to be my good one until i came across this good one for $400 and the other one was also $400 so I got the 2 for $800 and pretty much all the parts I need so its a quite cheap project really. My dads an auto electrician who knows a lot of people who have donated a few things and time to the car, my rust work was done by a good mate of his and a total of 22 hours of work was put into it with many a new panel welded in and an almost identical piece going into the wheel arch in the boot which looks pretty dam close to original. I managed to get another windscreen off trade me for $5.50 so that's my mock one for measuring up as its a bit scratched but saves me using the real tidy one. I picked up some nice mirrors from supercheap a few weeks ago as well that are a dam close style to the old cortina mirrors. have started to paint more little bits such as the ash tray and scuff panels so will post pics of them as i get them done.Any other pictures of parts or the cars that people are interested in let me know and i'll post them as i have taken pictures pretty much all the way through the process so far. Will take some pictures of more painted pieces that i have inside in a few minutes to show you guys.