Muzzies Prefect

Guest sexychevette

Guest sexychevette

Your cars pretty choice man :P i recommend a good dose of matt blacking washed down with a nice, warm red vinal interior. And also Red wall tyres :wink:

The other day i was rumaging in my shed and found a book about this here car. Its called 'The Gregg Book of the FORD "PREFECT"(10h.p.)' by Ellison Hawks, publised in '48 reprinted in '52. Its a full on owners/service manuel, 140 pages long. It deals with maintainence etc and even teaches you how to drive it :lol:

If you have any Chevette or other Vauxhall parafanalia i will swap it for said book. Otherwise i'll just give it to you. That is if you want it.

haha good to see some of these things still around... i had a 49 prefect for a little while. if i remember rite it said 8 or 10hp on the chassis plate :lol:

scaryest suspension i've ever seen in my life so i got rid of it... (there well knowen for rolling... ask any old guy)

Your cars pretty choice man :P i recommend a good dose of matt blacking washed down with a nice, warm red vinal interior. And also Red wall tyres :wink:

The other day i was rumaging in my shed and found a book about this here car. Its called 'The Gregg Book of the FORD "PREFECT"(10h.p.)' by Ellison Hawks, publised in '48 reprinted in '52. Its a full on owners/service manuel, 140 pages long. It deals with maintainence etc and even teaches you how to drive it :lol:

If you have any Chevette or other Vauxhall parafanalia i will swap it for said book. Otherwise i'll just give it to you. That is if you want it.

Oh yeah, gimme gimme! Sorry but I aint got no Vauxhall or Chevette books though bro :(

it is a cool beast,

is it gona be running stock engine?

blank or white with red vinyl seats

Stock engine yes, cause it retains it's originality and the things runs mint at the moment now anyways.

haha good to see some of these things still around... i had a 49 prefect for a little while. if i remember rite it said 8 or 10hp on the chassis plate :lol:

scaryest suspension i've ever seen in my life so i got rid of it... (there well knowen for rolling... ask any old guy)

Yep, they're known for it because they have 2 springs. They're sprung with leafs across the car. As in one set for the front, one set for the back. Notoriously unstable.

speedvolks42.JPG

Oh yeah :D

Fully dig that VW!

Nice one muzzie, grab us some decent res photos in daylight, wouldnt mind having a play around in photoshop now that uni semester's finished , and what better target to play with than a Prefect!

I'll see what I can do, probably get some on Thursday for ya man. Any particular angle?

Guest sexychevette

Oh yeah, gimme gimme! Sorry but I aint got no Vauxhall or Chevette books though bro :(

No problem, ill also swap it for an rb20det :lol:

Nah free to a good home aye. You can pick it up whenever man, i work in Grey lynn (corner of Gt. North and Newton at the Ford dealership) during the week or you can pick it up from my house in Pt Chev on the weekend :wink:

Nah free to a good home aye. You can pick it up whenever man, i work in Grey lynn (corner of Gt. North and Newton at the Ford dealership) during the week or you can pick it up from my house in Pt Chev on the weekend :wink:

My dad drives past there every Tuesday late afternoon.

Would then be ok? Unless you going to Autosalon?

Guest sexychevette

Nah im not going to autosalon :lol: I'll leave the book at reception on Tuesday if thats what you want.

Nah im not going to autosalon :lol: I'll leave the book at reception on Tuesday if thats what you want.

Yep that'd be great thanks :)

Hey Muzzie your Dad never picked up the book, do ya still want it?

Yeah I do bro, I'll have to come get it off ya sometime. He didnt end up going out to Pt Chev.

Damnit. lol.

Was at a pick-a-part type wreckers last week and saw this, thought it was quite fitting after all the talk of sanded down type look haha, enjoy.

image0479kn.jpg

Hey, how the left rear guard looking on that dude. I need a rear left guard lol.