isnowi's rancid EX gravel steed

CaMpylobacter

came off a late '80s 4wd diesel, i think that all the deisels have them, the sit just in behind the front bumper in the middle, be warned that they use metric fittings , 16x1.5mm to be exact, which are hard to find so best grab the banjo bolts with them so that you can reuse them.

• 5 months later...

Bottom arms are stock sigma/starion jobbies with a 5mm plate welded (tig by a coded welder) to them, one pass each side longitudinally only, increases their length by 25mm, which makes up for the 15mm narrower (than sigma ) ex crossmember.

The inlet manifold has so far taken me around 8 hours, it is simply some 44mm ID 3mm wall tube split down the middle with a wedge welded in each split (2 per runner) to give the correct taper to the ports (which will be reshaped too) then welded to 10mm flanges. These proved to be the trickeist to cut, too thick for any of the decent cutters i have access to so it was all done with a drill press and lots of jigsaw blades. :o never again, next one will be stainless and cut on a water jet.

The welding side is not too tricky, luckily i had access to the right gear and was able to do it myself (learner here) was not as hard to pick up as i had been told, mind you i have a fair bit of MS and SS tig experience which helped.