dylan's 1969 Ford Cortina MKII

Eskorted

How are you going to attach the flares man? I want some for my mk2 but want weld ons not bolt on fiberglass ones.

Any ideas?

ive welded the outer gaurd to the inner and im gonna pot rivet the flares on probably..........i would have gone steel if i had the money to......if your good with sheet metal you could make some up yourself,or i spose would most panelbeaters do this you could get them to make the flares and fit them yourself weld them on preferably...what ever you do though try and reframe from cutting the inner gaurd from the outer as its bloody annoying to try weld up

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Fuck, took ages to find this thread :lol::rolleyes:

Wheels would look , depending on your colour choice for the body, personally think the wheels should go with "solid" colours, and none to bright niether.

Telepathic Stealing my idea cunt, twas meant to be my special idea, just hope everyone else doesnt copy. :lol::rolleyes::wink:

Where abouts are you getting the rims from?

Oh and are the just "blanks" and then you get them drilled to your stud pattern?

Cheers,Chris

the wheels are from an american based company called summit racing they mainly do v8 stuff but i decided to have a look at wheels just in case and these popped up my uncle gets shit off there all the time including a set of wheels and he reckons they have great service and shit is usually at your doorstep within 10 days if i did get the wheels that yellow stripe and shit would be going haha

Those wheel are pretty similar to what you have already but in the right offset.

$300 for the 4 rims plus id guess at least the same again air freight. Why not get some widened steels made up?

Have a look at your local speedway wheel place , they should be making some very similar, Im pretty sure they're called "nascar D windows"

If you dont have one, I know Elite wheels down here do them, and there's plenty of people that can vouch for their service & quality

Cheers,Chris

man i had a look on the arrow wheels site they have some fuckin nice wheels on there i might have to give them a call see about pricing etc my geuss is that there real pricey, would give me something to save towards though i suppose as i have plenty to do before i get wheels haha

wheelo1hc0.jpg

wheelo2ws2.jpg

etc