dylan's 1969 Ford Cortina MKII

Eskorted

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not so pwnt when they smash ya window and unlock from inside/stealing headunit whilst doing so., :lol:

But yeah. mk2 cortinas have the lock in the handle none the less.

mk5 cortina = pwnts them hard, no small windows to smash like most cars do and no lock knobs ftw = them screwed unless they have alarm remote. oh and atm, my door handle is ftl, so hard to open, that if you didnt know how to do it properly, youd think it was locked. tricking thieves ftw haha. my headdeck = locked away in the glvoebox FTW. my car is ftw, cantinas will be too if he shaves all that he can.

Not so pwnt when they smash ya window and unlock from inside/stealing headunit whilst doing so., :lol:

mk5 cortina = pwnts them hard, no small windows to smash like most cars do and no lock knobs ftw = them screwed unless they have alarm remote. oh and atm, my door handle is ftl, so hard to open, that if you didnt know how to do it properly, youd think it was locked. tricking thieves ftw haha. my headdeck = locked away in the glvoebox FTW. my car is ftw, cantinas will be too if he shaves all that he can.

belive it or not but large windows are easily smashed too

why is it that theives always go for the small ones then? the reason is the sound of smashing a larger window is much greater than a little quarter window, hence why they like little corner windows.

why is it that theives always go for the small ones then? the reason is the sound of smashing a larger window is much greater than a little quarter window, hence why they like little corner windows.

sound is bullshit because you can smash a large window quiet just need the right equipment

why are you guys getting so fucking defensive? we all know you cant stop theives but theres shit you can do/have which puts them off. for example, they always go for the locks first, they fuck the lock with a screwdriver, and bend the door metal around the lock aswell as fucking your paint, failing access to your car that way, they go for a small window, if you dont have one then they go to big window, then they go for the lock knob, if you dont have one, then they gotta mess around reaching in the car or climbing in, it all puts them off, im not giving you a thieve proof answer ffs.

I always thought they went for smaller windows as they are ususally cheaper and easier to replace, arent thieves considerate. If u have tints it doesnt matter what window gets smashed, it'll be fairly quiet. I do agree with you in the shaved locks etc, i'm taking that route as well. but yeh, its cantinas thread, so bah. theives need their balls chopped off.

How are you going to strip back your engine bay? I highly recommend sand/bead blasting. Only costs about $80 (or hire one maybe) and it comes up awesome. Way easier than other options..

I agree. Way better than sanding dirty engine bays with many lines and grooves.

i was sorting out my engine bay today and used paint stripper, A real good one at that,

was CRC brand and comes in a spray can, id say one can will do your whole engine bay, spray it on, wait like 2 mins, then i used a cheap chisel to peal the top paint layer off cos the paint was so old.

then do another coat and wire brush, takes it right back to bare metal and gets into every nook and cranny.

the fact its in a spray can makes it far easier than the paint on shit.

i recomend it as a cheap option