Caffeine & Classics. 31st August. Smales Farm, AKL. From 10am.

kiwi808

Caffeine and Classics is held on the last Sunday of every month.

WHERE: Smales Farm, Auckland

WHEN: 10am till 1pm.

WHAT TO BRING: All cars are welcome.

This has proved to be a popular event and there can often be over 300 cars in attendance. Everything from V8's to Rotaries. Hot Rods to Vintage. Euro to Japanese. Everything.

What tends to happy now, is that most people show up by 9:30 if you want a spot in the front car park, as this is usually pretty full by 10:00am, although with an average of over 300 cars a month now, parking in the back car park is usually sweet, as this is often pretty full too. It also makes it easier for groups to park together.

For those that are interested, a bunch of us meet up before hand at Parts Master on Wairau Road. We usually meet up at about 9:45 and roll out at about 10:am as it is only a 5 minute drive to Smales Farm, and hey, it's Sunday.

With the event how it is now, it's actually easier to roll in a bit late, park in the back car park as that way we can park together.

Also as the weather gets better we may do post event cruises for ice creams, fish n chips or beersies.

• Like 3

Yeah, so it looks like rain on Sunday so could be the first washout. Good news is the West Coast will be pumping all weekend, so plenty of waves on offer instead. Will update surf report later in the week...

It's early days, but coffee and cars does have this uncanny knack of being ok on the day despite heavy rain the night before etc.

Also, next months C&C (September) will be the first one of the spring, so I will try and organise a nice little cruise for after that one.

But if you are really really keen, I think C&C will be on even if it rains haha!

I'm all over it, rain, hail, or shine. This will realistically be my last chance to take mine for some months, really looking forward to it. Besides, the forecast this far out is still pretty variable, I'm hoping for a rainy Sat night and reasonable Sunday!