McKenzie Moped Melee - March 2024

RUNAMUCK

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit of a pic dump.

Thanks everyone who helped make this amazing journey possible. Such a good bunch of like minded adventurers, sharners and full senders, and I can't bloody wait for next year.

I'll be sure to bring half a dozen spare tubes next year at the rate I was going!

• Like 2

These 2 absolute fucking legends (and Josh) making it possible. Feeding and watering the troops as well as the odd rescue where required. Even taught this old dog a thing about Old School values, rescuing the Subaru fools. Top effort fellas, you're fucking awesome 

Screenshot_20240305_213427_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just gave my bike its annual post melee wash. 

Also knocked out an oil change. For oil with 1000kms on it, it was remarkably black. 

In addition, i found a broken spoke on the rear wheel too. That makes every year ive broken at least one spoke on the moped melee. Looks like ill be off to see Peter King at wheel building services  for a new spoke sometime in the new future. 

Messenger_creation_f3bd07f7-86e0-49dd-b1c3-7b547c3f319a.png

Messenger_creation_f96b33a8-3b4f-4cdf-bb65-19307c6aed5e.png

• Like 1

There's an old trick for endurance races/runs where you wire each pair of spokes together where they cross. If you do break one it's not going to get caught up in anything and do damage.