Anglia4's XH Falcon Ute

anglia4

You can't get the filter socks on their own anywhere, so I shelled out and brought a new fuel pump.

Will put the good second hand one I have on trademe :(

Now I just need a drivers side wiper arm, cos someone has gone "oh the wipers aren't working, wonder if they need some help" and yanked on it and reemed out all the splines.

We've spent a few hours working on it this week. Dad and I made up all new hard lines for the brakes.

I pulled the rear calipers apart and cleaned a bunch of gritty shit out if them to try and get the auto adjusters working again. Unfortunately when we bled it up the seals in the calipers didn't want a bar of it after being pulled apart and it pissed fluid out of both sides.

I'll try and grab a seal kit today, probably fit it tomorrow night and hope for the best!

Sorry no photos as my parents shed is a cellular black hole to the point where my iPhone freaks out and won't even turn on in there!

haha. Its really not that hard a job, we have all the benders and flaring gear at home so just a matter of unbolting the old lines, using them as a pattern to bend up the new ones, flare the ends, back in the car job done.

Just ordered the new seal kits for the calipers, theyre about double the price I was expecting so I shopped around and they didn't get any cheaper.

It is weird that the lines were so rusty, the bulk of the thing is in really tidy nick.

It has an ugly black paint patch on the passenger side, the previous owner had sent it to the panel beater to get a small repair done, and after he finished it, the PB cut the corner on his workshop and made an even bigger dent where he had just repaired...

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I've been using this thing a bit and really enjoying it

9B08EA8E-7144-4C3D-956D-EF8343FF8221_zps

DD625C21-D224-4C6B-84B1-7038222ACFE4_zps

It had a black patch on the passenger side where the previous owner had a repair done, but it was never painted properly and the filler was lifting so I've been working on that lately. Been hampered a bit with shit weather though...

F255E3A6-43A7-43B5-B0C6-F61A65F17159_zps

985A5642-3C97-41D9-B43C-A294B01E8A02_zps

7F442D51-9E79-4126-995B-854EABEDEA0F_zps

• Like 3