Cute Wee Gem's Shed/home

cute wee gem

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet!!! When ever we head north for a nats we end up staying at a doc campsite on way back through the tararuas. Can't remember campsite area name but it's at the end of a very long gravel road. It has a long name. Starts with a W. So that about rounds it down to only a few hundred Maori place names then...

Anyway.. I love it there. Lush bush and great mountain feel.

Looking forward to watching this. We doing a mezzanine soon.. but not a mezzanine. It's just a shelf Mr councillor...

• Like 1

How much do you expect it to cost?

I really like this idea and would also like to do something similar.

But I haven't bothered to contact any shed companies because it's so early on for me and almost all of them don't list indicative prices.

I would still need to:

Maybe fix some house stuff.

Sell the house.

Find someplace temporary to live with the dog and all my shit.

Find a nice bit of dirt to build on, somewhere around Carterton, but not much further north.

Buy that dirt.

Borrow more money.

Make some barn/house plans with hugemungous garage.

Find someone to build that thing for not shitloads of money.

Fill garage with cars I now can no longer afford! 

How much do you expect it to cost?

I really like this idea and would also like to do something similar.

But I haven't bothered to contact any shed companies because it's so early on for me and almost all of them don't list indicative prices.

I would still need to:

Maybe fix some house stuff.

Sell the house.

Find someplace temporary to live with the dog and all my shit.

Find a nice bit of dirt to build on, somewhere around Carterton, but not much further north.

Buy that dirt.

Borrow more money.

Make some barn/house plans with hugemungous garage.

Find someone to build that thing for not shitloads of money.

Fill garage with cars I now can no longer afford!

That's nearly exactly my list aswell!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

We wanted to use that fibre reinforced concrete but as it wasn't on the shed plans and the (a young, fresh out of school, full of himself, no common sense, un approachable type twat) fair dinkum engineer didn't even know of the stuff it was gonna be a mighty delayed headache to him to just tell the conciliatory inspector it would be a fine alternative to mesh (it's way better than steel mesh!). Even had the people from the the original concrete company in the states contact the engineer but his head was up his own arse and he couldn't be bothered to help.

So that was my story.

I too love the way you have so much space and privacy !!! :-)

• Like 3

I've heard of a few similar stories about young engineers and also some council inspectors around town having had some pretty big threats against them for annoying builders over the years! The Carterton council have been pretty damn good though, I must say and luckily I don't have to deal with any engineers

I've only ever used steel mesh before, so I was very dubious about the hairy bog (it was stated in my plans to be used) but I'm more than happy so far.

There are actually a few neighbours around but the closest two are probably 200-300m away so that's good. They all have covenants stating that they can't subdivide etc so it should stay as a "small lifestyle block"

I'll probably just use the land for a few beefies/homekill etc. I also want to develop the natural spring near the back into a wetland, incorporating that into my backyard when I one day build an actual house.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...