3 phase wiring with vsd and reverse switch.

mjrstar

Hi guys,

I currently have just enough understanding to get myself into trouble.

I have :

A vsd (xtravert something)

3 pole mechanical interlocked forward off reverse switch.

A 3 phase motor with a bridge to set it up as star.

I understand what i need to do is reverse 2 of the 3 phases to make the motor run backwards.

Problem is the 3 pole switch is currently wired to switch a single phase motor to forward and reverse which is really confusing me.

What i need is an ms paint wiring diagram from someone who knows how to make this shit work.

Thanks

Matt

So to hijack how would one wire (switches?) a single phase motor to run fwd stop and reverse

I think under the cover on the motor there are extra connections to make the motor run in reverse, powering one of them and not the other via a switch reverses it,  

I think under the cover on the motor there are extra connections to make the motor run in reverse, powering one of them and not the other via a switch reverses it,

Yea single phase is often a fuck up to change direction. Especially if it's Cap start/run etc

Usually just have a go. Will only pop the circuit breaker at worst. -as long as your not touching it....

Yea single phase is often a fuck up to change direction. Especially if it's Cap start/run etc

Usually just have a go. Will only pop the circuit breaker at worst. -as long as your not touching it....

Lol yes the last one I did it had about 8 terminals I just had to hold the 2 wires in both hands and try torching the different terminals till I found the right ones, lots of sparks.