AALAWS

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
50 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

good to see you could find the previous owner, did you change the ownership of those other plates? am a little worried as they were in my name. cheers shell is looking good

Sorry Max - keep forgetting, mostly because I haven't been down the shed for a few months but I'll sort it tonight. Any chance you could message me the details of the guy you got the shell from? Just trying to put as many of the pieces into the ownership puzzle as I can.

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi mate,You got an amazing car and project.Iam about to start one for my daughter who bought a basically shell with lots of bit and pieces missing.You got much of the panel parts left…Dors,guards etc and where about do you buy your parts in Japan please?Ant help would be appreciated.Cheers Azib 

• 1 month later...
On 06/12/2021 at 19:20, Azib said:

Hi mate,You got an amazing car and project.Iam about to start one for my daughter who bought a basically shell with lots of bit and pieces missing.You got much of the panel parts left…Dors,guards etc and where about do you buy your parts in Japan please?Ant help would be appreciated.Cheers Azib 

Howdy - I won't be letting go of any spares until the car is finished. I look out for stuff on Japanese auctions via a website called buyee.jp. The other stuff I have brought in has been the newer AE86 corolla bits which I have got from megazip, Flos.ie and Facebook by doing a few different pages. Good luck with the build.

On 23/01/2022 at 16:54, AE25 said:

So you've bought off buyee.jp? rate it good?

yeah - sometimes you have to deal with their BS in regards to limiting your bid ability or shipping due to the admin staff's total lack of automotive understanding.....but you explain things to them and sort it.

On the whole, pretty good.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, AALAWS said:

yeah - sometimes you have to deal with their BS in regards to limiting your bid ability or shipping due to the admin staff's total lack of automotive understanding.....but you explain things to them and sort it.

On the whole, pretty good.

Chur. Trying em out with a brochure or 2. have found theres a heap more auctions found on the actual yahoo site than what buyee search finds.

Any progress on the project? :p

Screenshot_20220130-113513_Firefox.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah I wondered if that was the case with buyee not accessing all of the auctions - Need to find a mate that can read Japanese.
Just waiting on my mate to put the diff back together and then I can get it back on it's wheels and start figuring out the wheel size and fender flare size etc...

Excluding chemical properties (I'm no chemist), you normally seam seal first before undersealing, the seam sealer gets right in the the seams, and bonds to the epoxy primer.

The sealer I suspect wont bond properly to the irregular patterns in the underseal   

On 08/02/2022 at 08:51, dabuzz said:

Excluding chemical properties (I'm no chemist), you normally seam seal first before undersealing, the seam sealer gets right in the the seams, and bonds to the epoxy primer.

The sealer I suspect wont bond properly to the irregular patterns in the underseal   

Yeah seems like that was the better way to have gone about it. Saying that though, before I hit it with the wire wheel, you could peel the painted over seam sealer off, and it would take the undersea beneath it off with it aswell so I think there's still an issue there too

• 3 weeks later...

Looking good mate, I am getting closer and closer to putting some of mine back together also.

You must be pretty stoked to be at this stage.

I have the added headache of trying to mount another sway bar up as the KE20 one doesn't clear the SR sump.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/05/2016 at 12:59, AALAWS said:

moved to a new town, set up new business, had a baby, set up shed........finally got some progress

post-18590-0-26248500-1463964163_thumb.jpg

I set up the second half of the shed for the car by closing it in with some plastic.

Best decision EVER!  SOOOOO much BOG! discovered already = So much dust!!

post-18590-0-40279300-1463964126_thumb.jpeg

Got the rear quarter and drivers door stripped and coated in keyphos.

post-18590-0-10571800-1463964121_thumb.jpgpost-18590-0-32104800-1463964129_thumb.jpeg

The lower section was about 6mm thick with bog, covering up a few dents and a massive hole, and surprisingly the sill wasn't rusty, just totally dented in and filled with bog.

post-18590-0-97173200-1463964122_thumb.jpgpost-18590-0-37983400-1463964125_thumb.jpegpost-18590-0-20957000-1463964124_thumb.jpegpost-18590-0-41784200-1463964127_thumb.jpeg

Went through 2/3 coats of paint stripper then ended up having to use strip discs as 50% of the panel and the drivers door were totally layered in bog. Two strip discs and a dead grinder later i'm wondering if I just cut straight to sandblasting.....

any OS'ers in the waikato keen to come and cut out my rust and fit some new steel??

http://oldschool.co....4-ke25-corolla/

Love the spit stands you made, where are you in New Zealand, would love to try making some for a VW resto I'm doing,  would you sell them... etc etc