Gay new car running like a bag of dicks

DoBro Jesus

Right, so my new corolla is running like a sack, sometimes it idles sweet then sometimes it bogs down and just dies at idle, super inconsistent too, also when cruising along at 50ks it jerks and hesitates quite a bit, when I put my foot down to accelerate its sweet, no loss of power or anything its just on light throttle and idle. Check engine light came on so plugged it into Scan tool and came up with running rich, my first guess is faulty or dirty MAF but is there any Toyota gurus on here who will have a better idea? Its a 2001 runx with the 2zz-ge and 6speed box.

Chur.

If you pull the air flow meter out of its housing, sometimes are one piece sometimes have weird toque security screws, but if its contaminated you will actually see the dirt and oil build up...

Air flow meter cleaner is good shit if its actually contaminated.

• Like 1

Clean the EGR valve and Air flow meter and the throttle body

And is it only when it's cold or?

Perhaps load up the engine when it's cold and hot by holding handbrake up and trying to take off at 2000rpm

As could possibly be coil packs as they fail quite often.

So got that airflow meter cleaner and gave it a good clean, dried it and put back in, check engine light back on and seemed to run worse, decided to rip into it today so took throttle body off and gave it a good clean along with the IACV, put it back together and no check engine light and seems to be running sweet now! fingers crossed it stays that way haha.

• Like 2