Who's running a link G4+... Get the latest firmware update!

Roman

The 5.4.1 firmware update unlocks all of the options for free for the G4+. (depending on model I think)

Sweet!

Havent had much of a play with mine yet, but looking forward to getting knock sensing setup.

It will be awesome to have knock properly integrated as one thing I've been hesitant about is advancing the timing without any feedback I can review.

• Like 1

whats the backstory?

The back story is that you've got a G4

hqdefault.jpg

EDIT: Here's the blurb from the update notes:

New Features

· Removed ECU feature unlocking.  ECUs will now have feature sets as per the firmware 5.4.1 feature differentiation chart.  Note, ECUs are still shipped as locked and need to be enabled but all previously purchasable features will become enabled after this firmware update.

So your guess is as good as mine.

On the forum, some people are raging that they paid for an update thats are now free, even though they now get the rest of them for free they aint happy that other people get the same thing.

"A pig can find shit anywhere"

• Like 2

You can have a look here for the comparison:

http://www.linkecu.com/products/engine-management-ecus/g4plus-feature-matrix

If you just want it to do the same as your existing ECU but with a nicer tuning interface etc, then yeah Atom will be awesome no doubt.

But if you want to setup things like flat shifting, launch control, nitrous, knock sensing, gear detection, shift lights, warning lights, dash switches, etc etc...

Then you might find that an Atom doesnt have enough inputs or outputs.

I've been using the extra inputs and outputs for things like datalogging MAF sensor values, extra temperature or pressure datalogging, clutch switch for launch control, speedo signal for gear detection, outputting to a configurable shift light, and a few things like that.

Some people use switches for things like turning on NOS, switching ECU maps, switching boost level, turning traction control on/off, setting a pit lane speed limiter, and... what ever else you can think of really!

So if you want to tinker with things then in my opinion the more inputs/outputs the merrier.

But if you just want to wire it up, get your car tuned and leave it as is - Atom or Storm will likely do everything you want to do, easily.

If you're looking at some options for a new ECU and are going to be tuning it your self or using for datalogging or whatever, I reccomend downloading the software and having a look first... As you'll be staring at it a lot later on so you want to make sure it suits you / runs on your PC / whatever.

Most ECU manufacturers seem to have free downloads for their tuning software.

• Like 1

Atom is OK for a basic 4 cylinder setup. Configurable outputs to set up both sequential or batch for injection and spark. But not a lot of spare inputs /outputs for "cool" stuff. I have an atom in the MX5 I got unused second hand for cheaps.

If you are going 6 cylinder look elsewhere. ..

• Like 1

Agree - the atom version is fine for most basic setups but doesn't leave you with much scope for options.  I run a Storm and after including a few options and inputs (fuel and oil pressure, speed sensor etc) I've basically used all the inputs/outputs. 

As above but in saying that ive run a few 6cyl rbs with atoms these are basic setups. Just got to watch injector sizing as itll have to be batch fired but in doing so you free up 2 more aux outputs from the un used ign and inj 4 channel so you end up with 6 outputs as opposed to running a 4 cylinder sequential.

How big is too big? My mates 2J is running Bosch 2200's group fire on an upgraded G3 and it'll idle happily at 700 rpm if you ask it to.

It may not be suitable to run the old indy blues at really low duty cycle but most of these newer tech injectors have awesome low Idc control....

Personally if group fire injection can be avoided that is my preference, although waste spark is all good (with dual post coils)

• Like 1

Ive had trouble with simens 666s and id1000s at low pw keeping them consistant was near impossible. Even with a whole heap of timing thrown at them they were too unstable. These were with link pluses. I have how ever run the 666s with the older atom fine on a similer setup. And also with a megasquirt with only 2 injection chanels!

• 9 months later...
I'd say it's not really practical due to lack of inputs and outputs on an Atom.

As although you can wire in the flex fuel sensor itself, you need to run modelled fuel calculation which really needs fuel pressure and fuel temp inputs to be accurate.
As well as very accurate deadtimes etc for the injectors.

What sort of motor, out of interest? 

Sr20det in a Datsun 1600 - the more I look at it more I think ill just stick with 98

Either solid lifters or sr20ve head and rev it through to 8500rpm , if I need to make more ponies..................

Really don't need much in a sub 1000kg car " but me love them revs "

• Like 4