moorepower's 61 Impala

danger

Thanks alot.
Ive been keeping an eye on your 64 build. Looks good. I dream of owning a vert one day. I know a few guys who run E-level and they have said the same thing but love it when it works right. Ill get it one day. I have a few other things I want to do to the car first tho.

• Like 1

Im hope I can get mine in time! Im a bit nervous

Good luck! I even called into the LVVTA office and had a chat, still didn't arrive until after BH.

Son pic is cute - my son is 16 now and has just passed his learners. Was 3 when we bought the Mercury.

• Like 1

Thanks alot.

Ive been keeping an eye on your 64 build. Looks good. I dream of owning a vert one day. I know a few guys who run E-level and they have said the same thing but love it when it works right. Ill get it onw day. I have a few other things O want to do to the car first tho.

Thanks shes been a big job!

You bringing your car down for beach hop?

Good luck! I even called into the LVVTA office and had a chat, still didn't arrive until after BH.

Son pic is cute - my son is 16 now and has just passed his learners. Was 3 when we bought the Mercury.

That's not what I want to hear  :( Ill just cross my fingers and toes.

Is your son going to drive the mercury?

Looks good! Your keen doing that work in your drive. How is the car cover holding up? My one has started to go rotten/silly after sitting outside. I wish my 350 made that power, It barely makes half

I hate working outside in the driveway on the car but I dont have a choice at the moment. I will look for one this year or build a car port at least here at home.

The 283 that was in there made 160hp when it came out of the factory in 1961. It was probably making half of that when I took it out haha. I'm going to try and start it today. 

Ive pretty much taken the week off work to get it going.

• Like 1

He replaced a 283 with a 350.

I can understand that but is the average Joe WOF mechanic going to give a fuck if you don't have your cert plate in time. Its still a SBC and auto.

Yes you would be wise to get one in time to keep all above board but to get to Beach-hop with this short amount of time is the end result worth the headache required?

He's also boned the fuck out of it and modified the suspension since the first entry cert, I believe?

I read it differently - but yes that is a legitimate reason to go through the hassle.

I started the cert process in Feb 2015 for the air bag suspension. It failed on dumb stuff like no pressure gauges and no relay so they cant be played around with while driving. I took it to beach hop and then the motor started playing up. I decided to save some cash and buy the new motor and re visit the cert now that it has a new motor. You're right, no one would know the differance but it doesnt cost anything extra to get it certed while Im at it.

• Like 1