neutral safety switch plus HQ/WB reverse switch.

flyingbrick

Hi all.

Two parts to this question.

With an auto car is the neutral safety switch required when putting car through cert?

It seems like a good idea and since my shifter has the switch (I think) I should probably add it.

How do people normally wire it? Just a relay in the starters solenoid feed? Any idea as to current draw of that solenoid? (Chev 350 starter)

I ASSUME there was no neutral safety switch in this thing previously as there's no trace of the factory stuff in there now but the start wire still livens at the right time

And, how do the old Holdens switch on the reverse lamps? I have no idea where the switch may have been located back when it was stock and there a quite a few spare pairs of plugged wires hanging round the place

is there a procedure I could use to find the reverse lamp circuit? Eg just poke 12v into the side of fuses in the holder until the reverse lights turn on?

Confuse

I would strongly recommend one even if its not required, I was nealy crushed by a falcon ute stating in D,

A friend also was helping some guy get an HQ ute going wile someone in the car was cranking it, it was stuck on full throttle, and in D, dragged him across the floor and rammed him into the wall.   

For what its worth, if you have the option to wire it so you can start in P & N I would do that.

My mustang only starts in P, its got a low idle and now and again will stall when you come off the gas like rolling through slow traffic. Such a pain when the lights just gone green and it stalls while you are rolling with the traffic. Then you have to completely stop to put it in Park, would be nice just to slip it into Neutral and hit the key.

Yes the switch is setup for park and neutral I believe.

Yes the utes column shift, I'll have a look at the bottom of the column thanks!

I actually had that partially disassembled last night (wanted to remove the solid cast column shift cover and replace with plastic) but gave up.

Thanks for all suggestions guys, its all helped.