fuel rail solutions needed

Rhyscar

Hey guys. I'm after a bit of problem solving help for my 2zz project. Putting quads via a cnc manifold eke_zetec made for me.

I've got a bit of an issue with the throttle linkage in that it swings through exactly where the rail needs to be. Definately going to machine a rail so not limited on design options but not quite sure how to make it work.

20150125_214322.jpg

20150125_214336.jpg

My thoughts were along the lines of splitting the fuel rail so it has a gap in the Centre. Can run a small swagelok hose or similar up and around the linkage to join them if needed.

Other thing which would work is rotating the trumpets 180 deg so linkage on the bottom but this would involve remaking the manifold which I'm not keen on. May be possible to make new throttle housings to relocate linkage (could solve my angle issues too) but wold consider this as one of my last options..

Since I'm running outboard injection also,the fuel will come into the outboard rail first then through the inboard rail.

One of the things I'm wanting to take into consideration is if I need to consider dampening the fluctuations in the rails and if pressure variations are likely as I want it to operate flawlessly When done.

So just throw ideas around and see if we can solve my problem.

Can you relocate the cable bracket somewhere else then make a rail thall sit up over your arm With tubes thatll connect to the injectors. thats if you can get down to number 3 Dosnt look like it. That or make rail then make new throttle arm. Or just 2 short rails like you already said sounds easiest.

likely be easiest to modify the linkages.   i have space the linkages up in the past.  will need extend  the linkage on the throttle body and possibly the arm that connects to linkage.

Edit:  downtrail,  we really gotta stop posting at the same time haha

Having long stems on the injectors is Viable.

I looked at spacing the linkages but it needs to go up a good 25mm to clear a fuel rail and it would mean it would work on a funny angle and probably not get the full sweet on the throttle cam. I'll have a look and see if this can be rotated to suit/keep angle right

Rotate the cable receiver 90deg so it's axle/pivot is horizontal, then stuff under and between the trumpets on the left?

Your link rod would then run from left to right in your second pic, and push against the springs from the left, rather then pull against from the right. Hmm, though you'd have to rotate the arm on the throttle pivot away from the engine anyways.

Thanks guys has been heaps of good suggestions I'll research stepping the rail back and if relocating the linkage will work.

I have a bracket that moves the linkages underneath the manifold rather than on top of it. Don't need it anymore if you are interested in going that way.

Yes could be interested. Do you have any pics of it or when it was installed?

I think you could swap the cable bracket and the throtle linkage around and put it up on spacers so it's above the fuel rail and the trumpets.

You would need to play around a bit with the hight and the only problems I see is it might hit the bonnet and you may have to rotate the ITB wheel to get the actuation right.

Good luck.