CRX B16a TURBO track car

toyotaboy

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My mrs had an EF7 like yours. It was stock apart from lowered on compressed springs, and 17's with decent tyres. That thing went around corners like nothing else I've driven. Full go-kart spec. (Now she has an EF8 SiR squirreled away)

Based on how her old one drove, Part of me would love to build one as a track car. Set it up to handle to the days. I rate those ZC16 motors too. CRX's are probably gong to be sought after one day. Just don't crash of it will hurt lots.

• Like 1

didnt think anyone would cear about the crx thread quiet amazed.....

so for the people that are any of the slightness interested here is a update of sorts...

started as promised to strip the crime of rice in the interior......

rember it is a purpose track car or gokart.. so no flashy here no bling bling but will get the vacum out and

give a lil tydy

mspb1ont.4cq.jpg

get rid of the insane rice doors that were shaved......
gokrcrem.j0r.jpg
will be getting rid of the gadges... only boost will remain.. will be making a switch bord that will home the gadges and switches for
fan power and kill switch
kxzydbdf.oue.jpg
khtv32a0.3iv.jpg

• Like 1

volk 4/5s would be perfect for this,

sweet car though, i agree, bin those gauges, but if oil pressure is one of them, id recomend keeping that and mounting somewhere more ideal, its something youre gonna want to know about on the track, (or just buy a new good oil pressure gauge)

if you keep an oil pressure gauge, for a race car I'd be fitting a big red idiot light to your custom instrument cluster. A bloke I knew had a red light from a trailer of some sort on his racecar. When you're peddling it hard you don't have time to read gauges. Sure you can have a few for tuning/etc purposes. But a shift light, and an oil light are the only two that count.

• Like 2

Shift by feel doesn't always work bro haha

In our race car the revs come up on you so quick you don't have time to read the gauge and when you are giving the car hairy death driving it right to the redline its pretty easy to over-rev. The big red light in front of you is a very good reminder that you are about to fuck something ;)

• Like 1