flash Porsche boe.

flyingbrick

Very inspiring!

I was interested to read about the cold working of the chassis over DAYS on the straightener..that's something iv never heard of before!

Yeah, John is a really good guy. He was more interested in getting the car right than in making any money on the job. I didn't mention it in the build thread but once the measurements had been confirmed he got his team to seam weld the entire front section.

i read the whole thing

is choice

edit : is more than choice, it felt like I was was there, Mrs Flash also sounds choice too, keep her!

Mrs Flash says cheers Joker. Its not really relevant to the build thread but she ended up both National and Regional Champion in her racing class that year using my road car to finish the second half of the season. There were some additional adventures along the way including a blown clutch on my road car at the same track where the accident took place with Mrs Flash undertaking a 700 km tow rope trip home behind the 924 which we still owned at the time. She is a gutsy lady but can be pretty high maintenance in the garage department. When our next door neighbor first saw the wreck and heard the story he said "Thank God my missus loves sewing"

• Like 4

Yep, the bugger with a 911 is that when the clutch goes you can select as many gears as you want, but the car ain't moving. Money was already flowing onto the wreck repairs, so we were on the bones of our arse. No other option but to bite the bullet. We must be the only folk who ever paid off a 911 clutch and pressure plate over six months on a credit card.

• Like 3